Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Feb 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #496 of 726
  Yes
cool.gif

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #497 of 726

Do you mind letting us know what spec they made it too? I may request one too :)

That said, I did just get the one from TTVJ and it's fine, if not quite as pretty.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #498 of 726
After I upgraded my N900 Exynos to KitKat 4.4.2, l suddenly noticed its music sound kicked ass. l was really amazed to find out it sounds totally different than before: the sound has become more natural, with a solid and punchy bass, and superior imaging. Before the upgrade I had bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, which disappointed me so much that I stopped wearing them. After the upgrade l wondered why my daily driver Monster Turbines started to sound so much better, and tried the Momentum OE on again... Wow

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #499 of 726

Do you mind letting us know what spec they made it too? I may request one too :)

That said, I did just get the one from TTVJ and it's fine, if not quite as pretty.

8cm, Silver, If my memory serves me right
redface.gif

Feb 12, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #500 of 726
  A downmix would requite a valid multichannel processing at the top of the signal chain.

My thoughts point into the following direction: a possibility to play 5.1 with a determined 5.1 to 2.0 processing like Dolby Headphone or much better the way a Smyth Realizer works, casted in a software algorithm.

I checked it out by myself with a set of test files.
It plays FLAC (not WAV) 5.1 24/192 with mixdown.

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #501 of 726
I plan to use my coming note 3 with a tube amp TA-1 ( not actually tube amp but sounds almost like one ) and a CIEM.
Question 1: is the dac of note 3 good enough? Does it distort music often?

Question 2: I like a slight u-shaped sound. Would a tubey amp + warm CIEM + note 3 sound muffled to me?

Thanks for your help guys! :)

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #502 of 726
Btw: Is this thread about Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or any other stuff like tube amps, matching mostly any other audio output capable device?

I could tell the question: Does the head phone XYZ fit my head when attached to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3? :wink:

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #503 of 726
Btw: Is this thread about Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or any other stuff like tube amps, matching mostly any other audio output capable device?

I could tell the question: Does the head phone XYZ fit my head when attached to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3? :wink:

Woah woah woah there sorry if I offended you by asking a question. I assumed this thread has note 3 owners and that they are familiar with it's sound thus they could give a simple advice.

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #504 of 726
Note 3 with Dragonfly is the real deal now- fellow member discovered using UAPP allows the volume to be separate from the Note, letting it be more than loud enough whereas before (under the Note's volume control) it did not.
Great combo. The only negative is it drains the battery a little faster vs. a unit that has a built in battery.

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #505 of 726
is there plans for USBAPP to come one day to the level of GUI of the Android player ? and to improve it's playlist support ? 

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #506 of 726
After I upgraded my N900 Exynos to KitKat 4.4.2, l suddenly noticed its music sound kicked ass. l was really amazed to find out it sounds totally different than before: the sound has become more natural, with a solid and punchy bass, and superior imaging. Before the upgrade I had bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear, which disappointed me so much that I stopped wearing them. After the upgrade l wondered why my daily driver Monster Turbines started to sound so much better, and tried the Momentum OE on again... Wow

thats interesting - I've had my phone a week and initially was very disappointed with anything played via stock player - including Spotify (which I think plays "through Android" so to speak), yet Poweramp and Neturon sounded pretty good

Spotify and others though - sounded weak, poor - not great compared to my Iphone 4

well this morning got my KitKat upgrade to my Note 3 (UK version) and I'm sure, near positive that Spotify now sounds far far better - it was immediately noticeable

it now sounds as good - if not better than my Iphone 4

either before Spotify wasn't syncing at "extreme quality" properly, or KitKat has definitely changed the way the "DAC" is addressed from the OS

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #507 of 726
also odd I'd describe change in sound almost same as you nallyvaico

before in Spotify - there was very little stereo imaging, highs and mids sounded "coarse" and bass was there but had no clout whatsoever - gave impression of bass more than actually produced any

now its almost the opposite, bass is punchy but not overblow, the coarse-ness has gone, and the stereo imaging is far wider

since I don't believe in "Burn-in" - I can only think something has changed

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #508 of 726
  Anyone know of an alternative player besides the stock Samsung music player that supports proper 24-bit 192KHz audio? and doesn't down sample it down to 44.1/44.8?

Does stock player down samples audio on qualcomm version of Note 3?

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #510 of 726

How to connect Dragonfly to Note 3? Special adapter or any can be used? Maybe u can provide ebay link?

Sorry to answer this from you
biggrin.gif
Tim

All you need is an otg cable

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC0.A0.H0.Xnote+3+otg+cable&_nkw=note+3+otg+cable&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back