Samsung galaxy nexus
May 16, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #151 of 249
Yeah Neutron is good, I actually prefer the stock CM9 player myself ATM but if I was going to use anything else it would be Neutron for sure. I think SQ was just ever so slightly better with Neutron than the stock CM9 player, however Neutron didn't want to read a bunch of my FLAC and WAV files from my SD so I uninstalled. Also DSP manager isn't cross-compatible with Neutron, which means no hardware EQ or bass boost. Other than those two problems it was great; if they were fixed I would use it for sure, the UI wasn't stellar but it didn't bother me too much.

Quote:
I hear the difference. I've since switched to neutron MP. I actually like it better in some ways not just the sound. There are some bugs which I hope will be worked out of the ui, but other than that it's fantastic.

May 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #152 of 249
i tried all the popular music player for android and neutron have the best sq just the UI is weird

any setting for the eq? i got lost in all the setting..also i make the sound worst playing with the eq myself lol

May 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #153 of 249
Quote:
so what would you suggest to improve the situation?

If its coming from the phone, I'm afraid there's no solution. You can try using less sensitive headphones, maybe they'll help, but they won't go as loud.

May 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #154 of 249
That's strange.  When supercurio did an evaluation of the Nexus, he noted it had a very black background.  Perhaps using some non conductive solvent to clean the terminals may help?

I use JH-16s with the Nexus (with and without the JH-3a) and have had nothing but the blackest of backgrounds.

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #155 of 249
I am currently using a stock kernel/ROM on an un-rooted Galaxy Nexus. I listen to music on my ATH-M50's using poweramp on my Nexus and hear no background noise whatsoever. But I wanted to know, as a dedicated follower to forum's concerning the Nexus's sound potential, if I hookup a fiio E17 via AUX out on my Nexus if that would make it considerably louder/ give it better sound quality? or would it work at all considering I haven't rooted my phone yet? The reason I ask is because I was looking in to purchasing the Vsonic Gr07 IEM's, however their high impedance(50Ω) has me worried they won't be loud enough, and require an amp. I am aware that USB out>Amp isn't available(yet), but I don't understand the difference between usb out and aux out. What should I do to hook up an amp to this capable portable source?

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #156 of 249
I am currently using a stock kernel/ROM on an un-rooted Galaxy Nexus. I listen to music on my ATH-M50's using poweramp on my Nexus and hear no background noise whatsoever. But I wanted to know, as a dedicated follower to forum's concerning the Nexus's sound potential, if I hookup a fiio E17 via AUX out on my Nexus if that would make it considerably louder/ give it better sound quality? or would it work at all considering I haven't rooted my phone yet? The reason I ask is because I was looking in to purchasing the Vsonic Gr07 IEM's, however their high impedance(50Ω) has me worried they won't be loud enough, and require an amp. I am aware that USB out>Amp isn't available(yet), but I don't understand the difference between usb out and aux out. What should I do to hook up an amp to this capable portable source?

No. Don't double amp. Portable amps from headphone-outs are silly. Unless you just want to destroy your ears with obscene loudness and the M50s aren't doing it for you.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #157 of 249
Thanks, what would you recommend then? Do you think I should get a separate DAP such as a Rocoo-P or Hifiman HM-601?

Jun 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #159 of 249
Eh I tried all of the programs, neutron, winamp, player pro with dsp. All the eqs; equalizer, volume boost, volume +. And the best sound quality is power amp with an eq customized, tone bumped and limit on. Neutron comes close but it's super confusing and hideous haha. Better sound quality than my ipod touch 5g, yet for some reason with my m50's I feel like I want more..

Jun 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #160 of 249
I'm listening to both Mog and Spotify on my Galaxy Nexus using optical (digital) line out to my Fiio E17 dac/amp. Phenomenal wow factor compared to listening straight out of the headphone jack on the phone.

So my GN is docked into the multimedia dock, mini toslink optical cable to the Fiio E17. Gain @ 6db, Sennheiser 280's.

I'm sure you could make this portable by ripping out the circuit board in the dock, making a portable case for the phone with it, and a short mini toslink cable to the fiio. Still pocketable. Anyone want to try?

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #163 of 249
Quote:
I'm listening to both Mog and Spotify on my Galaxy Nexus using optical (digital) line out to my Fiio E17 dac/amp. Phenomenal wow factor compared to listening straight out of the headphone jack on the phone.

So my GN is docked into the multimedia dock, mini toslink optical cable to the Fiio E17. Gain @ 6db, Sennheiser 280's.

I'm sure you could make this portable by ripping out the circuit board in the dock, making a portable case for the phone with it, and a short mini toslink cable to the fiio. Still pocketable. Anyone want to try?

Do you have a link to the multimedia dock?

Thanks.

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #164 of 249
Thanks Alpine. Im in a bit of a dilemma, should I get a Fiio e17 for my nexus, or a rocoo p separately? I wanna drive an hd600.

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #165 of 249
Quote:

That sounds amazing, I hope someone gives it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back