Samsung galaxy nexus
Dec 18, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #31 of 249
Android 4.0.1: USB Host feature disabled => Galaxy Nexus can't behave as USB Host
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/usb/index.html

Android 4.0.2 : USB Host feature enabled => Galaxy Nexus can act as USB Host, and interoperate with:

USB class for human interface devices (for example, mice and keyboards)
[size=8.5pt]"I just tested usb otg in ICL53F and it works fine. Tried it with a mouse and got a mouse pointer I could move around on the screen."[/size]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1352769&page=20

USB class for mass storage devices
[size=8.5pt]"Good news if your rooted and on 4.0.2 there is an app in the market called usb storage manager for the xperia arc. The good news is it works flawlessly. Mounts with my 32gb lexar micro with a cheap adapter from amazon. [/size][size=8.5pt]App is paid and costs $1.67 USD."[/size]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1352769&page=21

USB class for audio devices like USB DAC ???
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/hardware/usb/UsbConstants.html

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:08 AM Post #34 of 249
Tried usb storage manager, plugged in my e7 and my sansa clip.

Still nothing, phone is 4.0.2 and rooted, perhaps it's because im using a gsm rom and not verizon lte.

Dec 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #36 of 249
Thanks, ah well just a case of sit and wait.

Lets hope this next update does support it, but like i said i have a p4 due soon so can test both the dac and the sound output.

Rather than just seeing if it notices the dac.

I

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #37 of 249
Got my GNex just yesterday. First impressions are pretty good so far with JH13's and 320kbps MP3s. Low noise floor and pretty good detail.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #38 of 249
I just got mine, it sounds pretty good considering. I don't really use my phone for music, but I do occasionally feel like listening to a song I don't have on my J3, and use Google Music. And for what its worth, it sounds pretty darn good. I have no issues, it will never be my main player, but I never intended it to be. I will watch videos on it, but then the video is a bigger issue than the sound... and there is no issue with the screen what so ever, in fact it is beautiful. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #39 of 249

[size=10.0pt]One more little missing link / piece of interworking between Android devices and USB DAC?[/size]

[size=10.0pt]. Android 4.0.2 with USB Host feature enabled: possible interoperating between (Android) USB Host (like Galaxy Nexus) and USB (DAC) device (like FiiO E7)[/size]

[size=10.0pt]"Android relies on Linux version 2.6 for core system services such as security, memory management, process management, network stack, and driver model. The Linux kernel also acts as an abstraction layer between the hardware and the rest of the software stack.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]Thus Android handles all the things that Linux is really good at such as a vast array of device drivers, which take the pain out of interfacing to peripheral hardware."[/size]

[size=10pt].  Android/Linux’s USB audio driver compliant with FiiO E7:[/size]
[size=10.0pt]"The FiiO E7 Headphone Amplifier is an USB DAC dedicated to high fidelity headphone.[/size]
[size=10.0pt]It works out of the box with my Ubuntu 11.04. I just plug it when I need it and several seconds later it appears in my output sound devices list."[/size]
[size=10.0pt]http://linuxhcl.com/browse/product?id=7629[/size]
[size=10.0pt]http://www.head-fi.org/t/579365/usb-headphone-amp-with-android-phones-possible/15#post_7909638[/size]

[size=10.0pt]What is missing?[/size]

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #40 of 249
Well im not 100% if my cable is usb otg, so just in case i have ordered one for samsung device just to see if that does it.

It's a uk seller so should be here fairly quickly.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #41 of 249
supercurio has got his hands on a galaxy nexus.  From his latest tweets in descending order of time...

#GalaxyNexus #VoodooSound features I'll be able to implement (hardware) Analog HP gain, Mono switch. High perf instead of low power mode.

Concretely, with #WM8994 #VoodooSound, I feel the sound more "fluid" especially mids, also with better stereo separation. Something unique

#GalaxyNexus sound is great&everything (in High-perf mode!) but after a quick comparison I still like WM8994 #VoodooSound magic touch better

By black I mean no hiss, no noise, nothing at all. #GalaxyNexus might become the ultimate performer with isolating and sensitive in-ears.

Even better: when playing with #GalaxyNexus analog headphone amp gain it becomes totally black even with very sensitive in-ears. Awesome.

Yeah! I found analog headphone amp gain registers for #GalaxyNexus. and it works! A few more dB can be squeezed out of the amp.

For me the fact that #GalaxyNexus has a good audio potential is really a relief :)

Another #GalaxyNexus audio strong point: it catches no noise from my crappy USB hub. No CPU noise whatsoever either :)

.@elfary74 note: minus this tone appearing when there's no signal played. I consider stock #GalaxyNexus audio performance > iPhone/iPad SQ.

Yeah! 15s of music listening with #GalaxyNexus tells me there's a very nice potential here! (and it's quite good already)

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #42 of 249
Nice one, i do love the sound this phone can produce it's pretty good.

Interesting development today, well i got the usb otg cable, and it charges the e7 dac, doesn't pop up in the menu so will have to wait and see what android develops.

Tried my sansa clip with the same results.

My memory stick just kept on flashing, so im guessing that's a driver issue.

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #43 of 249

Quote:
supercurio has got his hands on a galaxy nexus.  From his latest tweets in descending order of time...

#GalaxyNexus #VoodooSound features I'll be able to implement (hardware) Analog HP gain, Mono switch. High perf instead of low power mode.

Concretely, with #WM8994 #VoodooSound, I feel the sound more "fluid" especially mids, also with better stereo separation. Something unique

#GalaxyNexus sound is great&everything (in High-perf mode!) but after a quick comparison I still like WM8994 #VoodooSound magic touch better

By black I mean no hiss, no noise, nothing at all. #GalaxyNexus might become the ultimate performer with isolating and sensitive in-ears.

Even better: when playing with #GalaxyNexus analog headphone amp gain it becomes totally black even with very sensitive in-ears. Awesome.

Yeah! I found analog headphone amp gain registers for #GalaxyNexus. and it works! A few more dB can be squeezed out of the amp.

For me the fact that #GalaxyNexus has a good audio potential is really a relief :)

Another #GalaxyNexus audio strong point: it catches no noise from my crappy USB hub. No CPU noise whatsoever either :)

.@elfary74 note: minus this tone appearing when there's no signal played. I consider stock #GalaxyNexus audio performance > iPhone/iPad SQ.

Yeah! 15s of music listening with #GalaxyNexus tells me there's a very nice potential here! (and it's quite good already)

So it shares the same dac with the SG1. Did he expect it to sound any different?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back