Samson SR850 Velour Pads
Feb 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

hamzatm

Head-Fier
Hi

I have the Samson SR850s for gaming purposes (awesome headphones btw), but unfortunately the pads are kinda uncomfortable around my ears.

I've been looking for replacement velour pads for them (because velour are supposed to be the best? I have no idea) and from my research the AKG K240 pads definitely fit it. The problem is they are expensive to ship from abroad, and Thomann.de has a stupid minimum order 25 euros (not including delivery) so it works out expensive from there as well.

What pads can fit the SR850s without adversely affecting the sound? What material is best? Better soundstage/bass is fine, I dont want a muddier or obscured sound though.

Ive heard the DT770 pads can fit. Also found these handmade from China:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ear-Pad-Fit-Samson-SR850-Professional-Studio-Headphones-/250986703972

Cheap, but are they comfortable, do they make it sound worse? Do they DT770s actually fit?

Thanks

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 18
Any ideas?

I live in the UK, has anyone from England bought the AKG 240 velour pads in the past?

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 18
Great! Thanks for clarifying that.

Yeah the only problem now happens to be actually getting them in the UK!
Can't find a proper store (online or otherwise) selling them thats based here. There's nothing on eBay as well.

Does anyone have any experience of buying such items in the UK?

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #6 of 18
He already said that thomann has this thing that you cant order if the total value is below 25€...

I'm in the same boat, I have a 100€+ headphone for music but the HD-668b (same as SR850) is just better for gaming.

Best regards,

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #7 of 18
Thanks Malveaux but like Flumphy said Thomman isn't suitable.

Hmm.. I'm seriously considering buying €25 worth of stuff from damn Thomman just to get the pads! Maybe I'll buy a set of standard K240 pads as well as the velour ones, that comes to 25. But with shipping its £30 - the same as I paid for my Sr850's in the first place!!

I'll keep searching. And bumping.

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 18
I've been searching, but no luck so far. The stock pads seem a bit better now though (clamping force reduced?) so I'm seriously considering sticking with them. Dammit.

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #10 of 18
Bumpbump. Looking for some new pads for the exact same reason. The pleather starts to irritate for me after a while of wearing my headphones. Looking for some replacement ones. I know the AKG K240 pads fit and apparently the DT 770 pads fit the K240 (so they should be good for the SR850 as well). Do you guys think it would be okay to get these? 

Jun 28, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #11 of 18
I got these for my Superlux HD681's which are pretty much identical to the SR850 except for the colors :)

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Blaster-Warcraft-Headset-Cushions/dp/B004N8J64Q

They are SUPER soft like a pillow and they don't change the sound much on them either. They also breath a bit more. And the most important part is they are cheap.

They are a pain in the butt to get on but they DO fit :)

Jun 28, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #12 of 18
Thanks for bumping my thread guys :)

Can you get those pads in the UK too?

Anyhow, after a few more weeks the stock pads actually loosened up and are much more comfortable. I never did bother buying new pads, then gave the SR850s to my cousin :)

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:
Thanks for bumping my thread guys :)

Can you get those pads in the UK too?

Anyhow, after a few more weeks the stock pads actually loosened up and are much more comfortable. I never did bother buying new pads, then gave the SR850s to my cousin :)

maybe I should have waited. I threw a fit after a few days 

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #15 of 18
Wow where did you order them from and for how much? The stock pads really are quite nice after the clamping force dies down :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back