Salt Lake City Meet: October 15, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

rwpritchett

100+ Head-Fier

We have a clubhouse reserved on October 15, 2016
  • The meet is being held at the Juniper Point Clubhouse in Herriman, UT.
  • The meet will be from 12pm to 5pm.
  • Access to the clubhouse is controlled by electronic key card. Clubhouse guests will need to be let in by an HOA member (rwpritchett). Contact info will be PM'd in response to RSVP.
  • Please park along the [COLOR=81cc67]public street areas[/COLOR] near the [COLOR=9d41ae]clubhouse[/COLOR] and try to avoid parking in front of residences:

• 11:00am Set up and staging of equipment
  • 12:00pm Introductions
  • 12:15pm Icebreakers
  • 12:30pm Lunch
  • 1:00pm Listen to gear
  • 5:00pm Breakdown, clean up, and say goodbye

If you come to the meet, you must abide by some rules:
Clubhouse Rules
  • Clubhouse guests cannot use the pool or hot tub
  • No smoking or alcohol is allowed in the clubhouse or pool areas
  • Be courteous of homeowners that may be using the pool and common areas
  • Tables and chairs cannot be removed from the clubhouse or pool areas
  • Event must end on time and the clubhouse must be as clean or cleaner when the event is over

Head-Fi Courtesy Rules
  • Do not use others' equipment without permission
  • Do not unplug equipment (power, audio sources, or headphones) without owners' permission
  • Good hygiene is expected. No oily hair, body odor, sticky/greasy fingers, and clean your ears
  • Keep all food and drinks away from the gear, even your own

Please send an RSVP through PM to rwpritchett to reserve a spot at the meet. Include in your message the equipment you plan to bring and any additional guests that will attend with you. I will add your equipment to the the list below for other members to see.

As an incentive, I'm giving door prizes to the first 10 head-fi members to RSVP that actually attend the meet (8/10 claimed). Space is limited, so if the meet becomes popular we'll have to limit attendance on a first-come-first-serve basis. At this time, there is no limit on attendance. Also, if you RSVP but decide not to attend later, please let me know.
  1. rwpritchett
    • HiFiMan HE-500 with Focuspads
    • AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition
    • AKG K550 with detachable cable mod
    • Bose QuietComfort 15
    • Yuin PK1
    • Audio-gd NFB-15.32
    • Aune T1 MK1
    • Bravo Audio V1 Deluxe
    • JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03
    • AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
    • Denon DP-300F Turntable w/Ortofon Red Cartridge & Audioengine A2+ & S8 Speakers
  2. jgoodwin¹ +1
    • Fostex T50RP mk3
    • Sennheiser Momentum 2
    • AKG Q701
    • Takstar HI 2050 Hi-Fi
    • Schiit Gungnir
    • Schiit Mjolnir 2
    • Oppo HA2 (maybe)
  3. jerick70¹
    • HiFiMan HE-6
    • ZMF Omni Cocobolo
    • Burson Conductor V2+ /w Burson Timekeeper and HE Adapter
    • Woo Audio WA5-LE
    • Woo Audio WA7 v1
    • MHDT Labs Atlantis
    • Yulong DA8 II
    • Macbook Pro
    • Razer Blade
  4. cobleymj¹
    • Sennheiser HD600
    • Philips Fidelio X2
    • Sennheiser HD598
    • JDS Labs O2/ODAC
    • FiiO E7/E9
    • FiiO X3 2nd Gen.
  5. Negative818¹
    • AKG K3003i
    • AKG Q701
    • Audio Technica ATH-AD700
    • Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohm
    • Beyerdynamic T70 250 ohm
    • HifiMan HE-500
    • MBQuart 55X
    • Philips Fidelio X1
    • Shure SHR840
    • V-MODA M-80
    • V-MODA M-100
    • Schiit Bifrost
    • Schiit Lyr
    • Hifiman EF2A
    • VentureCraft DD Socket 1 (Muse02 opamps)
    • C&C BH2
    • Headstage Arrow 4G
  6. stimy¹
    • Sennheiser HD598
    • Sennheiser HD25-1 II
    • Sennheiser Urbanite
    • Grado SR325e
    • Sennheiser Momentum 2
    • Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium
    • Beyerdynamic DT 770
    • Audio Technica ATH-M50x
    • Sony MDR-1R
    • Noble K10
    • FiiO E17
    • FiiO X3II
    • SMSL M8
    • CEntrance DACport HD
    • Bottlehead Crack
  7. afrochops¹
    • Sennheiser HD600
    • Audeze LCD-X
    • Schiit Asgard 2
    • Schiit Bifrost Multibit
  8. SunSparc¹
    • TBD
    • TBD
  9. jamspooon¹
    • Audeze LCD-2 Rev. 2
    • TBD

¹Door Prize Claimed

Please bring extension cords and power strips for your own equipment if you have them. Everything will need to run off the few available outlets. I'm working on procuring tables to use at the meet.

Subscribe to this thread and check back to this first post for updates. Input and volunteers are welcome. Ideas for lunch are needed too.

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 18
I've PM'd every head-fi member that I think lives in the SLC area. Most have not responded. Not sure what more I can do to stir up some interest without being a nuisance.

I can give you a list of members I've contacted if you want to try to find more.

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #4 of 18
Thanks for setting this up. I'll try and make it along with a few cans.

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 18
Hello all. Less than a month until the meet so it's time to lock down some specifics. I received the door prizes yesterday, so that's definitely happening. You'll have to show up to the meet to find out what it is, but I will say it's audio related.

I've noticed fall is in the air with football, pumpkin spice lattes, and turning leaves everywhere. So for lunch, I'm thinking the mid-October date is perfect timing for some autumn food: chili bar. We'll have one or two pots of chili with cheese, sour cream, tortilla strips, corn bread, etc. on the side. If anybody has any special dietary needs, let me know.

Now, some of you may have noticed I added a time slot for ice-breakers. If you don't know what that is, it's basically going a step beyond introducing yourself to a bunch of strangers so they get to know you better. I have a homework assignment for all attendees: Guilty Pleasures

Get your mind out of the gutter, let me explain. When you wear headphones you are in your own private world. When you have privacy, you do things you don't normally do when you think someone is watching or listening. For example, imagine a burly biker dude who loves death metal. When he's with his friends he listens to Slayer, when he puts on headphones he's got Taylor Swift. Is there any music you blast in your car but turn down at a red light because other stopped drivers might hear what you're rocking out to? So, to "break the ice" after introductions we're going to take turns admitting what we occasionally listen to on our headphones that we don't like to admit to others and give a brief explanation of why. It could be an artist, an album, an entire genera... whatever. Nobody is getting a pass on this so come prepared. It will be fun. Think of it as audioholics anonymous.

Hello. My name is rwpritchett. I listen to Milli Vanilli. I have to swap from open to closed back headphones in my own home. I need help. :D

SunSparc, you don't have to bring anything to come to the meet. There will definitely be more headphones than ears. Actually for someone without audio gear but looking to dive in this is a perfect opportunity to get an idea of what you're looking for and how much it might cost to get there. Send me a PM to reserve a spot.

I'll keep everyone posted on updates. Feel free to add some input to the thread. I'm excited, how about you?

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #9 of 18
Hello all,

Just checking in to confirm that we're still on for Saturday. So, far everything is on track. I've been communicating with a special guest but don't have anything locked down (yet). I'll update the thread if it pans out.

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #11 of 18
Confirming that I will be there with my stuff. Should be fun!

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 18
Oct 15, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #13 of 18
I had a great time at the Meet today. Thanks for putting this together for us @rwpritchett. Great location, tons of great equipment. Thanks to all who let me try their setups. It was well worth my time.

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #15 of 18
  I had a great time at the Meet today. Thanks for putting this together for us @rwpritchett. Great location, tons of great equipment. Thanks to all who let me try their setups. It was well worth my time.

Quote:
Thanks again to all participants. There was an impressive assortment of gear and I really enjoyed getting to know all of you. I'm looking forward to doing this again.

Thanks for the great meeting place and putting all of this together @rwpritchett.  Excellent time and company.  It was really nice to meet others with my same interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back