Salt Lake City Meet: October 15, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #16 of 18
Thanks again to all participants. There was an impressive assortment of gear and I really enjoyed getting to know all of you. I'm looking forward to doing this again.

No impressions thread? Big THANKS to Nate and Thomas from Kimber Kable for using our amplifiers.

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #17 of 18
No impressions thread? Big THANKS to Nate and Thomas from Kimber Kable for using our amplifiers.

Not yet. We're still a little worn out from takedown and setup at home and at the club house. :wink: The WA5-LE weights a ton, the sound is sublime though.

I wanted to give a big shout out to Kimber Kable for coming to our little soiree. Nate and Thomas are gentlemen and scholars. They brought the latest and greatest head-fi gear to share. It's much appreciated! I REALLY look forward to our next meet.

Thanks Mike for sending Kimber our way!

Oct 18, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #18 of 18
As far as impressions go I can initially say this, of all of the high end gear that was there the HD800 was the only headphone that I am now planning on buying. The Ether Flow was also a great headphone and worth buying, but it's out of my price range.

I don't feel that I had enough time with the Utopia (I made it my goal to listen to that headphone first, but I ended up listening to it last - goal failed), but my initial impressions is that it was a fantastic headphone, but I'm not sure it was $4,000.00 fantastic. If I had more time with it maybe my feelings on them would change, for better or for worse. 

I had a great time with great people and great gear. Would love to do this again next year. 

Thanks Kimble Kable for coming out. You allowed me to scratch off several headphones on my headphones-that-I-need-to-listen-to-before-I-die list. 

Thanks to Richard as well for organizing, catering, and hosting the event. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back