Salamander Archetype 5 equipment stand
Apr 6, 2003 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AC1

500+ Head-Fier
Finally, I had to get a new equipment rack to sort out all my stuff since my crap 2 shelf TV stand just wasn't cutting it anymore... It is actually a very versatile stand since the shelves are adjustable in height, very handy. They have a nut on a threaded rod at bottom and top of each board so to "clamp" the board to the desired height.

Here is a pic (and a chance to see if this hosting works)...
getImage

The Stax and the 600s are hanging out, while if you see in the closet the MSP is relaxing there.

Apr 6, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
Looks damn nice to me. Lots of room for stuff to breath. Good choice!
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool, thanks... It did work out better than I acutally had imagined it, in the store I really couldn't picture how it would look with all the stuff on it.

Apr 6, 2003 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 9
Before I forget here is a picture of the Stillpoint "cones" under the Metronome transport, it really is not a cone since it is a ball bearing based design (from an ex Aurios person)... It works quite well in opening up the sound without giving it irritating qualities like some isolation devices can and your equipment won't roll away if bumped.

getImage

Apr 6, 2003 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 9
Nice AC1, I use a Salamander too. In fact, I stacked the 5.0 and the 2.0 and now have a rack that is about 5' tall. I was concerned about the stability of it, but it is very stable and was quite easy to level. BTW, mine is black.

Apr 6, 2003 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks JMT...Wow, 5', I was wondering how well even more shelves would do... Good to know that works as well, if I get more equipment (like I really need get more stuff)...
Oh I also ordered their threaded spiked feet, since the rubber does not sit well on top of carpet. Wonder if it'll improve the sound? I read in the Stereophile review that the spiked feet improved the display of the TV they had on top.

Apr 6, 2003 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 9
I have the rubber feet and it is sitting on a carpeted floor. Perhaps it's the weight of the gear and the rack, but it seems very solid. I thought about getting some spikes, but that would require me to completely disassemble my rig (8 components) and have neither the time, nor the inclination to do so.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2003 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
I have the rubber feet and it is sitting on a carpeted floor. Perhaps it's the weight of the gear and the rack, but it seems very solid. I thought about getting some spikes, but that would require me to completely disassemble my rig (8 components) and have neither the time, nor the inclination to do so.
rolleyes.gif

Ya, I know what you mean, it took quite a few hours just to get everything setup... Though it should be interesting to see how I am going to put the on the spikes...
BTW, the spike are on clr at hifi.com web site (or Cambridge Soundworks for local stores)... they are only $22 (usually $40), the cheapest I've seen for them.

Apr 6, 2003 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 9
Those Salamander style stands are great. I made mine out of a couple of pieces of maple that I laminated together and four threaded rods from Home Depot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back