Sad Saturday Situation
Jan 22, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #31 of 44
What's the matter with you people? You come to Head-Fi when you're sad? C'mon! Cheer up!

This is a happy place.

OK, yes, I do get into a little trouble when I get too happy here...
wink.gif

-Ed

Jan 22, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #32 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
I think you mean this poor guy:

Tree man 'who grew roots' may be cured - Telegraph

Warning: photos are SFW, but disturbing.

The good news is that this article makes it sound like he's going to be cured. Hopefully.

That's him. I'd recognise him anywhere.
wink.gif
Haven't read the article yet, but let's hope they can cure him. Nobody deserves what he's going through.

Jan 22, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #33 of 44
Well, I'm here almost every evening how sad is that?

But remember
Life is hard but the front of a train is harder....
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #34 of 44
Does anybody else picture Jack Nicholson from "About Schmidt" while reading this thread?
biggrin.gif

. . . seems like you each need to take that round of printed cash and support an impoverished child named Ndugu

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can you not have any gaming cafes where you live.

Your location is the "Internet"!
tongue.gif

If you would have rooted for the underdog Giants running around in -4 degree weather, it would have made you feel snuggly warm and happy for having the underdog win, for whom you were rooting for
biggrin.gif
Did that come out right
eek.gif
?

I don't do internet games. I don't wanna have my behind handed to me by a 7 year old.
eek.gif

I'm rooting for the Giants in the Superbowl though.
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #37 of 44
Well at least this Saturday night I'll have some fun. Having company over...gettin' trashed!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #38 of 44
Kiss my high-end rig goodbye. I was planning on spending around $1500 on it. Plus a new roof for $4000
eek.gif
, but I've had some really bad luck over the past few weeks (notice my absence?).

Furnace went out causing a small fire. Only damage was to the furnace and closet it was in. $2500!
eek.gif

Hot water pipe burst: $500 in damages.
eek.gif

My truck was leaking coolant: radiator fubar. $350
eek.gif

When noticing leak, found CV boots fubar. $450
eek.gif

Rebuild fuel intake gaskets. $75
eek.gif

Hailstorm damaged windshield (and it leaks). $350
eek.gif

Superbowl Sunday washer & dryer quit (yes, on the same day!). $2300
eek.gif

%$&$!@~!#^%@&
frown.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's him. I'd recognise him anywhere.
wink.gif
Haven't read the article yet, but let's hope they can cure him. Nobody deserves what he's going through.

Jeez, he looks kind of like Orlando Bloom's father on Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm glad something is finally being done to help the poor guy.

Feb 12, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #40 of 44
Wow, that's awful man.
frown.gif

You should have at least 3 years of good luck owed to you from this bad streak.

Feb 12, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #41 of 44
You guys are depressing. Fortunately, I'm reading this on Tuesday evening, not on Saturday. But I'm still happy. Just got a Sandisk Sensa Clip. Great little gadget. Sounds fantastic with my old SR-60s. So nothing you say can put me in a bad mood. Even seeing pictures of root man. I'm happy. Mozart - play on.

Feb 13, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #43 of 44
Whats worse on a Sat night here, is on a Tuesday night wishing you were here Saturday night. Instead, I was trying to drive my girlfriend an hour and a half to the beach for dinner, exploring back country roads. I hit a deer. That was pretty much a buzz kill. We drove back and settled on McDonalds. I'm not sure the dollar amount of damage, but the insurance guy is coming Thursday. My fast is not happy! (VW GTI mascot)

Feb 22, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #44 of 44
It gets worse. Saturday a sewer drain in my home's foundation broke (concrete slab). Sunday I came down with the flu (1st time in a few years).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back