Sad Saturday Situation
Jan 20, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #16 of 44
You know, at least you aren't kicking back, watching the game and drinking yourself to sleep!

An effective late night passtime is gaming. You could go to a local gaming cafe and immerse yourself in some intense CoD4, while socializing with some bearded nerds, taunting him half way across the room for knifing you.

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #17 of 44
my life sucks too.
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An effective late night passtime is gaming. You could go to a local gaming cafe and immerse yourself in some intense CoD4, while socializing with some bearded nerds, taunting him half way across the room for knifing you.

I have like 80 games or so. Just not in a gaming mood. And there aren't gaming cafe's where I live.

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #19 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, at least you aren't kicking back, watching the game and drinking yourself to sleep!

You just predicted my plans for tomorrow!

Jan 20, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #20 of 44
From now on, whenever I feel like my life is less-than-steller, I'm going to remember the poor bugger I saw on TV a couple of nights ago. He is/was a fisherman in Malaysia or some place and he has some weird ... no ... not some weird ... the absolute weirdest disease I've ever heard of. His hands and feet are the size of large fielder's mitts, are black/brown in colour, and look exactly knarled tree roots ... especially since the knarly, interwoven, root like malady continues up his arms and legs. There is no resemblance to human feet or hands left at all. You would swear he was some digitally enhanced comic book superhero like "Tree Man" or something. Recently, even his face has started to transform as well and is beginning to cover over in huge black/brown mole-like tumours, which if they continue to grow like on the rest of him, will eventually engulf his entire head. Unbelievably hideous.

The doctor, who flew half way around the world to visit this guy in his small village, to attempt to identify his malady and hopefully cure him, figures he's got some sort of mutant wart thing going on. These "warts" continue to grow like thick roots, twisting and intertwining until there's absolutely nothing human-looking left.

So if you're feeling sad, and thinking your life sucks, think of poor buddy and his slow transformation into a tree. At least you're not him.

Jan 20, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #21 of 44
The ultimate irony: my ISP went down the last time I tried to enter a typed a reply.

I don't think my life sucks. Just a sad Saturday night situation.

Jan 20, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should run around with the puppies in your avatar. I'd probably be pretty happy after that.

They're sleeping.

Jan 20, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my life sucks too.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, life sucks, but consider the alternative...

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #26 of 44
OP (and the rest of you), the root of your problem (coming here on Saturday nights instead of physically mingling with society) stems from your uncontrolled desire for headphones. You feel the need to listen to high-quality headphones, which is clearly a subconscious effort to try to cope with you yourself wanting to be heard by others. Thus, you project your grievance unto the headphone, making it you, while you play the role you wish everyone else would be with you: the listener. Thus, you detach yourself from your grievance.

I have seen these cases before. It is best to deal with the issue directly. The treatment is simple: give me all your headphones and go have fun outside for days on end. It will be tough at first, I know. But it is for the best. You will find that, indeed, people will listen to you if you but present the willingness to make friends.

So let me help you. Let us begin the healing process...

Note: PM me for my address, you can send the can- err, your burdens there.

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #27 of 44
I only have IEM's.

Jan 22, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And there aren't gaming cafe's where I live.

How can you not have any gaming cafes where you live.

Your location is the "Internet"!
tongue.gif

If you would have rooted for the underdog Giants running around in -4 degree weather, it would have made you feel snuggly warm and happy for having the underdog win, for whom you were rooting for
biggrin.gif
Did that come out right
eek.gif
?

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From now on, whenever I feel like my life is less-than-steller, I'm going to remember the poor bugger I saw on TV a couple of nights ago. He is/was a fisherman in Malaysia or some place and he has some weird ... no ... not some weird ... the absolute weirdest disease I've ever heard of. His hands and feet are the size of large fielder's mitts, are black/brown in colour, and look exactly knarled tree roots ... especially since the knarly, interwoven, root like malady continues up his arms and legs. There is no resemblance to human feet or hands left at all. You would swear he was some digitally enhanced comic book superhero like "Tree Man" or something. Recently, even his face has started to transform as well and is beginning to cover over in huge black/brown mole-like tumours, which if they continue to grow like on the rest of him, will eventually engulf his entire head. Unbelievably hideous.

The doctor, who flew half way around the world to visit this guy in his small village, to attempt to identify his malady and hopefully cure him, figures he's got some sort of mutant wart thing going on. These "warts" continue to grow like thick roots, twisting and intertwining until there's absolutely nothing human-looking left.

So if you're feeling sad, and thinking your life sucks, think of poor buddy and his slow transformation into a tree. At least you're not him.

I think you mean this poor guy:

Tree man 'who grew roots' may be cured - Telegraph

Warning: photos are SFW, but disturbing.

The good news is that this article makes it sound like he's going to be cured. Hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back