SACD Scratch Removal
Aug 21, 2011 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Radioking59

500+ Head-Fier
I picked up a SACD that I plan on putting on ebay. The disc has some scratches that could affect playback.  If the CD layer plays will the SACD layer play also?  I do not have a SACD player, so there is no way to test it.

A local store has a Venmill repair machine, but I don't know if that is a good idea for SACD.  I've read a few reports of this ruining SACDs.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #7 of 10
Duck tape.

(Oh ok)

If it's only a surface scratch, you could try a buffing wheel and some liquid polishing compound.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #8 of 10
I've taken out scratches by buffing with 0000 steel wool and polishing with Brasso. You might want to practice by scratching a CD-R and taking it out.

(And I like Sheryl. :))

Aug 25, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 10
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm just going to keep it because I don't want any trouble.

Quote:
It matters because if it was a title I was interested in I'd offer to buy it from you.  :wink:

I went to a record shop today 30 mins away and found Toys in the Attic, Boston S/T, Texas Flood, Roger Waters The Wall Live in Berlin, and Alice in Chains GH SACDs. All sealed.  I was thinking about giving you dibs, but I need top dollar to pay for my trip to the Pearl Jam 20th anniversary shows. Hope I get it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #10 of 10
I'll take Roger Waters.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back