sacd output question
Jan 2, 2007 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

laxx

Headphoneus Supremus
What's up guys.

I haev a Sony DVP-NC685V dvd/sacd player and am curious about hooking it up to my Corda Aria. A little background on the player: on the back, there is a 5.1 multichannel analog out, 2 digital outs and 2 stereo outs.

I currently have the RCA's in Stereo Out 1 and into my Corda Aria. Is this wrong? Should I have the RCA's in the front left and right of the 5.1 multichannel out? I'm not sure if any of you have experience with this particular player, but I'm sure you guys have experience with "universal" players that have the same type of outputs.

Thanks for the help.

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 6
I would imagine the dedicated L/R outputs and the L/R jacks of the 5.1 outputs are the same. Does the owner's manual indicate a preference?

I have a single-disc Sony DVP-NS500V SACD/CD/DVD player set up in a headphone-based system. I'd have to check just to be sure.

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 6
i got it second hand without a manual. =[

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 6
I didn't have that model, but on the Sony SCD-CE595, you're supposed to run the the front left and right to left and right on a 2 channel system.

Jan 3, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't have that model, but on the Sony SCD-CE595, you're supposed to run the the front left and right to left and right on a 2 channel system.

Some of the universal players mixdown the 5.1 analog out to that dedicated 2-channel analog out. I would recommend the 2-channel out.

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 6
The 595 doesn't have dedicated L/R analog outputs. You can connect the L/R (front) outputs of your player to the L/R inputs of your amp. With SACD, if you are playing the multi-channel hi-rez mix with just the L/R outputs connected, that's all you will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back