SACD/CD players with digital inputs?
Feb 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

liamstrain

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
I see that the Marantz 8004 SACD player has rear coax and computer USB inputs to act as a DAC for other sources...and while some people may think $1000 is a bargain, that doesn't really fit into my budget for this capability right now.

So, does anyone know of any other SACD players with similar functionality? I don't have much room in my cabinet for an external dac, but would like capability to use my Wadia 170 and possibly occasionally hook my computer via USB into the system. 

It would be ideal to have this in a CD/DVD/SACD player, since I have no desire to replace my vintage McIntosh receiver. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #3 of 6
I doesn't look like it has digital inputs (aside from an ethernet port, I assume for streaming content). The price also puts me about the same as the Marantz. 

But thanks! 

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 6
The Harman Kardon HD990 has digital inputs but it won't do SACD, it goes for about $400. Below the SA8004 I don't know of any other SACD players that have digital inputs. I have an SA8004 and it's a nice unit for the price. Your best bet is probably to try to find a used one.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 6
It's a bit limited - it means you can use the player to select and play some types of files off of USB memory sticks and the like - but typically, those do not allow for data coming from a computer or portable player - I also mostly need a coax in. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back