SACD 2 Channel Questions
May 23, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
They go out analog to the inputs on you reciever, not sure what you mean here, lack of the .1 (AKA sub), but I have never had a problem with multichannel, other than there are a lot of engineers who simply aren't very good at doing much with it.

Scott

Oh I mean those comsumer-level amplifiers are generally optimized for 5.1 channel. Treble, Bass and Superbass are seperated. SACD 5.0 channel recording reserves the original spectrum. When you amp your SACD 5.0 signal by those amplifiers, the output signals are off -balanced.

May 24, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
As far as the availbility of stereo hi-rez on SACD, I think there're a few SACDs without a dedicated stereo hi-rez mix. However, those are in the extremely minority

I guess the O'Connor American Seasons SACD must be one of those. Bummer!

Quote:

certainly not an eagarly-anticipated title such as "Brothers In Arms".

Just ordered Brothers in Arms SACD from cd-wow (first international CD purchase) using the link in your earlier post, soundboy. Many thanks. Now for the hard part -- "eagerly anticipated" has turned into "7 to 10 days" of waiting torment.

May 24, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by pframe
Just ordered Brothers in Arms SACD from cd-wow (first international CD purchase) using the link in your earlier post, soundboy. Many thanks. Now for the hard part -- "eagerly anticipated" has turned into "7 to 10 days" of waiting torment.

Especially when reviews already started coming in saying that the SACD is a winner.

May 24, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Especially when reviews already started coming in saying that the SACD is a winner.

Then I'll just have to distract myself for the next week or so by purchasing other SACDs reviewed in this thread.
600smile.gif

May 24, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #20 of 21
Soundboy,

I believe the problem you refer to is about bass management. Many SACD players, even some consumer models, offer bass management which will redirect frequencies below a ceretain level (frequently 80-100 hz) to the subwoofer, durine play of a multichannel SACD track. However many will not employ bass management on the stereo tracks. Make sure you have setup your player correctly. There is usually a menu to program which speaker setup you have. Tell it small main and surrounds and that you do have a subwoofer, and it will employ the bass management. Some higher end players have more adjustments available, like selecting the crossover frequency.

May 25, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dolifant
Soundboy,

I believe the problem you refer to is about bass management. Many SACD players, even some consumer models, offer bass management which will redirect frequencies below a ceretain level (frequently 80-100 hz) to the subwoofer, durine play of a multichannel SACD track. However many will not employ bass management on the stereo tracks. Make sure you have setup your player correctly. There is usually a menu to program which speaker setup you have. Tell it small main and surrounds and that you do have a subwoofer, and it will employ the bass management. Some higher end players have more adjustments available, like selecting the crossover frequency.

???

For now, I am just a 2 channel guy. No bass management needed for either my headphone-based system or speaker-based system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back