SA6 v.1 vs SA6 v.2?
Jan 2, 2010 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

salsadj

New Head-Fier
Sorry if this was already posted somewhere. I did a search and couldn't find it. I just ordered a pair of SA6 from B&H Photo. How do I know which version of the SA6's I'm getting?

Thanks in advance

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 8
If it looks like the one in Sleek Audio logo (top left of this page), then it is v1.

The difference b/w v1 and v2 (2009 edition) is on the chromed plastic cover in the earpeice. You can still see a metal ring on v1, on the nozzle holding the treble port. That part is covered up entirely by the chromed plastic on the v2.

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks, I see the difference. Are there differences in sound quality or are the differences strictly cosmetic?

Jan 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #5 of 8
v2 always come with bass+ second edition and cord 2nd edition

as far as build is concerned it definitively is a lot stronger,so far the number of rma i have for v2 is 80% inferior to the one I had with v1

Jan 6, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Depending on how old the stock is, the cable may not be the revised one. The changes to the sleeve were made a few months (around April 2009 IIRC) before the cable was changed (June 2009 IIRC). I know this because I got the new earpieces packaged with the old cable when I ordered from SoundEarphones when SA6 was revised.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #7 of 8
OK, so my SA6 came in today and the box says 09 edition, totally stoked! But now, what are the differences in the cable?

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #8 of 8
If the connector into your player is an I connector and not an L, it's the new one. What I've heard (I still haven't had a problem with the old one so I haven't ordered a new one), there is actually a bump on the connector for the right channel to make it easier to find it instead of barely embossed L and R. In addition, the new one supposedly doesn't hold a shape (i.e. not as much "coil memory")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back