SA1000 & 3000 vs. CD3000?
Feb 1, 2005 at 11:10 AM Post #31 of 45
The SA5ks weren't what i wished for then. I really love the qualities of the cd3ks although the bass could be improved so much, i really love the senn bass and did think the cd3ks was a little light, though the slam and boominess is much more.

Was going to buy the sa5ks if the bass extension was significant, senn style. Now that would be my ideal and last headphone :/

Feb 1, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtwn
The SA5ks weren't what i wished for then. I really love the qualities of the cd3ks although the bass could be improved so much, i really love the senn bass and did think the cd3ks was a little light, though the slam and boominess is much more.

Was going to buy the sa5ks if the bass extension was significant, senn style. Now that would be my ideal and last headphone :/

On the pioneer to solo, i felt the SA5K had the bass extension like a HD650, but punchier - more impact. but not overwhelming the other frequencies. definitely more active/agressive in the highs than even my SR200 - i'd like to see this can pitted against an RS-1, its natural competitor (in my mind) - I have a feeling they would share a lot of characteristics, but the SA5K would have a ton more soundstage and detail and be less grainy in the highs.

Feb 2, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #33 of 45
I'm comparing my c3k's with my hd600's right now and I don't really get where all this fuss about them lacking bass is coming from. It has a brighter characteristic to it, but not really lacking bass. CD3k has faster and cleaner bass then hd600, although hd600's bass is a little warmer. Imho whoever feels that cd3k "lack" bass just hasn't heard them through the right system yet.

EdipisReks: I would just get cd3k. I'm really happy with mine and you seem to like them as much as I do
3000smile.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #35 of 45
for those who have tried both, how is the comfort of the SA5000 compared to the CD3000? i find the CD3000's have 3 small flaws for me; the earcups are a little too shallow, the phones are slightly heavy, and they clamp a little bit (probably caused by the fact that i have a big head).

Feb 2, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
how did your CD3k's die? one thing i'm concerned about is the fact that they do feel rather cheap for $400 cans.

I have to disagree. Sure, they are no Beyers. But I think they are pretty sturdy built, and I had the impression that e.g. the Senn HD6x0 had a worse quality "feeling".

Quote:

Originally Posted by zool
I don't really get where all this fuss about them lacking bass is coming from. It has a brighter characteristic to it, but not really lacking bass. [...] Imho whoever feels that cd3k "lack" bass just hasn't heard them through the right system yet.

EdipisReks: I would just get cd3k. I'm really happy with mine and you seem to like them as much as I do
3000smile.gif

WORD!! I love my CD3Ks as well, and enjoy their powerfull bass through my Amity amp. They SLAM! GET THEM NOW!!!!!
3000smile.gif
3000smile.gif
3000smile.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

for those who have tried both, how is the comfort of the SA5000 compared to the CD3000? i find the CD3000's have 3 small flaws for me; the earcups are a little too shallow, the phones are slightly heavy, and they clamp a little bit (probably caused by the fact that i have a big head).

Sorry, I'm in a bit of an irritable mood - but I've already answered these questions in other threads and done CD3k/SA5k comparisons. I have both of them right here in front of me. You really ought to search/do a bit more research.

To bottom line it, the SA5k are fairly similar to the Sennheiser 580/600/650 in terms of fit. This means the earcups on the SA5k are a lot deeper than the CD3k. The CD3k are, in my mind, barely circumaurial, while the SA5k truly result in no contact between your ears and the earcups.

You can look up for yourself the weight differences between the two. Personally, I find the CD3k to be light and comfortable. The SA5k exhibit the Sennheiser vice-grip of death (which I like), so they will clamp on your head more than the CD3k.

Go ahead and get the CD3k. You're obviously set on getting them, and honestly, (irritable mood off) they are great phones. But I think the SA5k are superior, as evidenced by the fact I've listened to the SA5k for about 50 hours and the CD3k for about half an hour over the last 3 weeks.

I just upgraded to the Qualia 010, and I've found a good home for my SA5k, which is shipping out today. I wonder if I am being a bit too eager letting my SA5k go, because I really like the phones. We'll see in 3 weeks or so as I develop my opinion on the Qualia if I will regret it.

(irritable mood back on)

Best regards,

-Jason

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #38 of 45
i have read all the SA5k threads and don't remember seeing a comparison between the SA5K's and the CD3K's in terms of comfort. if the SA5K's are like senns in terms of grip, then i don't want them. that completely determines it for me.

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

i have read all the SA5k threads and don't remember seeing a comparison between the SA5K's and the CD3K's in terms of comfort. if the SA5K's are like senns in terms of grip, then i don't want them. that completely determines it for me.

I have no doubt you've picked up the right phones for you. If you've really read all the SA5k threads, I'm boggled by your failure to have read my posts on the SA5k fitting like the Senns, but I suppose not everyone does their research very well.

Next time I'll let you waste you time than waste mine.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...9&postcount=60
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...2&postcount=91
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...7&postcount=16

-J

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #43 of 45
i'll never quite understand the attitude that Monsieur Âne is exhibiting. wow, i missed or forgot about 4 posts (2 of which are referring to the pads and not the overall fit, and don't really apply to my question) that were posted 1 and 2 months ago respectively. fine, i didn't do my "research" well enough. however, for you to take it as an affront, that i'm "wasting your time", is ridiculous; if you don't think that answering is worth your time then don't answer. i hope that the next time you ask a question that was answered a month before that the people that help you don't act the way you have.

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

It's this that ticked me off. I was trying to be restrained in my initial response to your question in this thread, and this just got me.

Regardless, I think we're both done and said what we have to say.

-Jason

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
It's this that ticked me off. I was trying to be restrained in my initial response to your question in this thread, and this just got me.

Regardless, I think we're both done and said what we have to say.

-Jason

what the hell? i said i didn't remember seeing it. for chrissake, those threads were more than a month ago which is when i read them. this is just more of that self righteous arrogance that i was talking about before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back