Danutz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Any thoughts? http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/SA/SA2/SA2EN.htm

Seems to be great 
tongue_smile.gif

Danutz

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 76
I'm just breaking in a Ref 5.32 right now and am loving the "musical" side of its sound so much that I have a serious eye on the SA-2 now.

The Ref 5.32 maybe loses some detail and separation over my previous dac, but responds by bringing out the feeling of the instruments instead.  In a way it is more detailed, responds with more feeling.

The SA-2 promises to deliver more of that.  Very enticing....

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #3 of 76
Great to hear that you love the signature!

What was your previous dac?

Have you tried using the Ref 5.32 it with a good usb/spdif converter (jkenny, audiophilleo...)?

beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 76
I have had Theta and Audiolab in the past....and was using the inboard Burson HA-160DS dac. 

I'm using the USB input only.  Do I spend $400 or $500 on an outboard usb/spdif converter or buy a better dac?  Not sure about that one,

Do you have Audio-gd today or??

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 76
I might pick this up shortly. Being the successor to my old Ref 9 has me wishing to hear this. The Ref 9's musicality, tonality, blackground, and bass qualities were to die for. Would love to see how this compares to my current Eximus.

-Daniel

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 76
Does Kingwa ever sleep? Any idea why it doesn't have balanced outputs?

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #8 of 76
Yes, I am running the NFB10WM (Wolfson 8471 Dac) with jkspdif Mk2 from a Win8 PC and would like to upgrade... Nad M51 or another Audio-Gd like the SA-2 would hopefully be a big step up, or?

Amp: ASR Emitter II Exclusive Akku  LS: Tannoy DC10T

Looking to have great and big soundstage, transparency (not sterility), more 3D and spatiality... and don't want that less good recordings become unlistenable (therefore no master7 I suppose)

beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 76
By the way, I read that mostly every Dac with coax input could be pushed up a level or two, when delivered with an accourate spdif signal, but perhaps this new usb32 from Kingwa is at the top 
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #10 of 76
"and don't want that less good recordings become unlistenable"

Hmmmm...yes.  I have an acquaintance with a $50K reference system.  He pretty well can't listen to anything.  Jazz at the Pawnshop is always on :wink:

Yes, I would love someone to post some comparison to the usb32 and an outboard converter. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #11 of 76
"and don't want that less good recordings become unlistenable"

Hmmmm...yes.  I have an acquaintance with a $50K reference system.  He pretty well can't listen to anything.  Jazz at the Pawnshop is always on :wink:

Yes, I would love someone to post some comparison to the usb32 and an outboard converter. 

I have compared the USB32 against an AP2 and think that the USB32 is as good. The USB32 is an use to i2s converter so it feeds the digital stream direct to the dsp1 .
The AP2 does that but converts the stream to spdif as the output and the spdif input on the dac converts it again before sending it to the dsp1. For the sake of purity the USB32 is the better option

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #12 of 76
"For the sake of purity the USB32 is the better option"

Nice.  Thanks for your thoughts and comparison. 

Saving $$ on not having the extra unit and cable (and power cable) is just fine with me even with a slight depreciation in sound quality. 

I'm willing to invest if there is an improvement that justifies itself though.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #15 of 76
Quote:
"For the sake of purity the USB32 is the better option"

Nice.  Thanks for your thoughts and comparison. 

Saving $$ on not having the extra unit and cable (and power cable) is just fine with me even with a slight depreciation in sound quality. 

I'm willing to invest if there is an improvement that justifies itself though.

The SPDIF connection is showing its age and there are better options available such as the USB-I2S.  Now all I hope for is that Kingwa releases an I2s transport that will be pin compatible with the Master7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back