S740 and E345 - Why the big price gap?
Feb 25, 2010 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

stratobeats

New Head-Fier
Other than the design and noise cancelling (which only works with the junk earphones), I really don't understand why the s740 costs double the e345. It has the same Sound card, nearly identical features, and same 2.0 screen size. Anyone care to justify why I (or anyone) should purchase it over the e345?

Feb 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at least sound quality is different and usually S is superior than E

Is sound quality really different? The Sony rep told me there was no difference as they both used the same sound card.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #5 of 5
The s700s and the s500s should be a little different in terms of sound based on the technical data.

The s500s - Dynamic normalizer. clear bass, Clear stereo

The s700s- Dynamic normalizer. clear bass, Clear stereo, DSEE, VPT and noise canceling with the headphones provided.

Also If my memory serves me right the only difference between the s700s and the sony X1000 is the S master amp.

Lastly take a look at the size of the player the s700s is significantly slimmer and compact compared to the E series or the S 500s.

Now if you are comparing the S500s to the E series - There should not be a difference in sound ( The sony rep could have been thinking about the s500s).

In the end if you really want to find out - listen to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back