S4i's and Shure Olives....super quick questions
Jun 23, 2011 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

witac

New Head-Fier
I got the Klipsch image s4i's as my first IEM.  I'm LOVING them, but I can't get a seal very easily.  Now, I know it takes some getting used to as I've never used an IEM before, but sometimes I get a good seal and get the sound i've realized i've been missing with other headphones.

I was looking into both the Comply foams and the Shure Olves.  I have 2 questions...

Comply has a multipack (S, M, L) you can purchase....do the Shure Olives?  I'd like to do this on my first ones so that if I repurchase I really know which size to get.

Also, in searching for Shure Olives or the Comply tips, how do I know they are going to fit the S4is?  Are there model numbers for replacement tips?

If anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction for these particular things I would truly appreciate it.  Links for the cheapest places to get these products would be awesome, but any help is really appreciated.

Thank you!

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #2 of 12
Can't help you much with the Shure Olive's but I know I have used Comply tips on the S4's, and you can easily look up which ones you need on the Comply website, search by the drop down menu, click on Klipsch, if I remember correctly.

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 12
thank you for the replys.  The comply website was really nice for figuring out which set i needed.

Can anyone help me on which Shure Olives to get (or a link to the right ones) for the S4is?

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #5 of 12
Well the Comply web fit tool says the T100 size fits the S4 -- I don't remember the S4 nozzle being that small, but it's been more than a year since I had the S4.  But the Shure Olives only come in one core size and it is very small -- the S/M/L Olive sizes are the foam around the core only, to fit the size of your ear canal.  The Comply T100 fits on / comes off my HF5 easily, but the Olives are very tight, and I'm not sure you can get the Olives on/off the S4.

I would try the Comply tips first, and you might find that you are satisfied with them.  They CAN be removed once a week or so and gently washed with warm soapy water, dried and put back on -- they don't require being thrown away as often as the Comply folks say (duh, they want you to buy more!).

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 12
Alright, that sounds better than replacing them SUPER frequently.....that doesn't sound like something I want to deal with.  

If I were to try the Shure ones, which ones do I get?

Looks like they have ones that work with '

[size=1.7em] Shure SE210, SE310, SE420, SE530 and SE530PTH Earphones[/size]

Are these the correct ones?  the ones that work with the SE series from SHURE?

thank you again for all your help....i'm just getting into this hobby and can't afford to purchase stuff that doesn't fit

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 12
The Shure olive model number is EABKF1-10x, where x is S/M/L depending on your ear canal size.  I don't know exactly how to tell you which size to get, unless you have some other earphones and some extra tips and you know that the smaller / medium / larger tips fit your ear -- then you can go with the same Shure size.

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 12
Jun 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #10 of 12
Jun 23, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #11 of 12
I just got some comply tips and the mediums seem to fit really well.  I have not tried either of the other tips on yet because these really seem to be the ones that work. 

Thank you guys for the confirmation of the olives working on the S4s as well as the model numbers i need to look them up.

If the Medium Complys work for me, which set of Olives should I get? Do I still order the Mediums? (i've heard the sizing is a little different)

Jun 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #12 of 12
I don't need to add to this really, but the T-100 tips ARE compatible with the S4 by Klipsch. We do recommend washing the tips when they are too filthy to handle; it will help extend their usage life. We want you to be able to use them as long as possible, we don't give expiration dates or a limited number of useful hours.

If you need more Comply Foam Tips, we have a 25% off special running through the middle of next week. Use the coupon code: FIREWORKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back