S.M.S.L M3 Mini DAC
Mar 2, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #46 of 47
decided to write this on another post instead of making the previous post even bigger, I found the problem, I think

I took off the rca cables at the back and it worked better

even if I connect 1 rca it would act weird again and taking it off would solve it again

I don't understand why, maybe its because its 2 rca cables that ends in a female 3.5mm cable which I have connected a 3.5mm that in turn turns back into rca cables,

idk why but that was the only thing I had at the time and haven't changed it yet, but now maybe I have to

TL DR

specific tones played had other tones playing simultaneity and it was the rca cables at the back that caused it, at least I hope, and I don't know why

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #47 of 47
I have it and I didn't like it when I first plugged it in, as soon as you use it you'll hear what I'm talking about.

I would not recommend this to anyone who listens to as wide a range of music as I do. It's simply not neutral enough.
The bass is 'fun' if you're working and not paying attention but for a listening man it takes a front seat and vocals take it back.
I wouldn't say it is bass focused, only that there is no bass boost, but you can feel it like there is a bass boost.
I was initially disappointed because my Note 3 and integreated sound card have a much more neutral sound signature.
There is also noise which goes away if you're not paying utmost attention but again for the listening man it does get annoying.
I have had no experience with noise on my Note 3 and I would say my integrated soundcard, which does have a good audio setup, is far better than the M3 when it comes to noise.
The noise is there and you will know it's there but it may not bug you, is all I'm saying.

Haley Reinhart, (PMJ in general),
The Hollies (especially Witchy Woman),
The Eagles,
Neil Young,
to name a few;

all seem to sound much better on the M3 than on my other, more neutral and less noisy devices.
I am on the fence about things like Pink Floyd as they do need a good bass but also good focus on vocals which the M3 significantly lacks. I prefer PF on my phone, if I am honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back