S.M.S.L M3 Mini DAC
Oct 5, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #17 of 47
My M3 has a channel imbalance most noticeable at the lowest volumes, so if I start volume from silent upwards the left channel comes in first then the right.  Anyone else the same issue?

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #20 of 47
I've found the channel imbalance is not there when played via RCA to speakers in a mini-hifi unit. So it must be to do with the analogue volume control on the m3 (volume control knob doesn't work with RCA outs)

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #23 of 47
guys, can you change the volume in the windows mixer with your m3 connected with usb to computer? it doesn't respond at all with my unit. i'm used to play with aune x1s where there were no problems with changing the volume with the mixer (xmos). with m3 i can't do nothing in mixer, it looks like it has set a stiff maximum volume. what's strange, i can change the volume for example on youtube, or foobar. just not with the windows mixer.

any ideas? or maybe it's normal? 

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #24 of 47
  guys, can you change the volume in the windows mixer with your m3 connected with usb to computer? it doesn't respond at all with my unit. i'm used to play with aune x1s where there were no problems with changing the volume with the mixer (xmos). with m3 i can't do nothing in mixer, it looks like it has set a stiff maximum volume. what's strange, i can change the volume for example on youtube, or foobar. just not with the windows mixer.

any ideas? or maybe it's normal? 

No I can't change it either with windows mixer (but i can with spotify etc). It just completely overrides all windows functions. There's one thing missing on the m3 for me which is  gain swtich.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #27 of 47
I also have the channel imbalance issue. There is also a high floor noise, no matter what audio and power source I use :/

Does anyone knows if changing some capacitors/resistors could solve this issues? I would mod this amp to fix these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back