S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions
Mar 28, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #137 of 154
wow this product really have a lot of problems, so anyone can help for dac in same price group that has no problems like this? alot have been compare this to fiio 10k are there any other competitor? thanks

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #138 of 154
My M2 worked fine for long on OS X, but decided to stop working one day. Tried everything but it would disconnect over and over again. Was ready to throw it away, and than gave it a last try over a powered USB hub. And it works again like a charm. So there might be a problem of power management or drawing too much power. Anyway it fails it's purpose as a mobile DAC on the go. 

Jun 26, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #139 of 154
Anybody speak Russian?  This guy compares the M2 to a more generic DAC during the last few minutes.  I think he says the M2 is smaller and louder, as expected, but I can't quite tell which one he thinks sounds better.  He also has an entire other video on the other DAC.

Jul 17, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #140 of 154
Hi. I had the same eeprom problem as some of you with an old model of this DAC. My laptop suddenly did not recognize the unit :frowning2:
Fortunately the fix suggested by sp5it works like a charm ! I purchased some random 24c08 eeprom chips from Aliexpress in china for less than a dollar. After that it is a matter of having the right skills and tools to unsolder the existing chip and to replace it with a new one. I used a hot air station and some solder paste to do the trick. Thanks again for this fix :)
Cheers !

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #141 of 154
Hi, very sorry to ask about M3 in M2 thread, but is there any possibility to connect IPhone 4s or 5s to M3 dac? I did try with org cable but no effect. Even with added power supply to secondary micro usb plug.

Jun 1, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #143 of 154
Hello! New to the headfi game here.
I just got the M2 based on Z Reviews recommendation and I'm not sure how to set it up for my PC. I plugged it in and it wasn't recognized as a playback device, just an unrecognized USB input on my computer. Please help! I want to get onto enjoying my new HD598SEs with it.

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #144 of 154
Hello! New to the headfi game here.
I just got the M2 based on Z Reviews recommendation and I'm not sure how to set it up for my PC. I plugged it in and it wasn't recognized as a playback device, just an unrecognized USB input on my computer. Please help! I want to get onto enjoying my new HD598SEs with it.

If it is Windows, I guess you need to install drivers first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back