s-Jays produce cracking sounds.
Oct 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Scrivs

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Recently I bought myself a pair of Jays s-Jays earphones because I needed a pair that could produce alot of Bass. Don't get me wrong, the s-Jays do produce quite alot of bass but I still got a problem...

I'm using them on my iPod Touch 3G and I mostly have the Bass Booster eq on cuz without it they arent bassy enough imo, but now comes the problem.
With this eq on the earphones make cracking sounds with some tracks... some tracks that have alot of bass are just perfect and sound great, but with some other the earphones sound cracking and distorted, which is rly annoying cuz now I cant listen properly to some of my favorite tunes cuz I will hear those cracking noises all the time.

I was wondering if there was a solution to this problem? I dont hope that this problem is caused only by my earphones cuz I had them delivered all out of the UK one week ago (I live in Holland) and they cost me around 60 euro's.
I'm thinking of buying a portable amp like the FiiO E5, but I dont know if this will solve my problem.

I hope any1 can help me with this, any tips or solutions are much appreciated.
Thanks in advance ;D

Cheers.

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #2 of 2
I would imagine the problem lies in the EQ. If the bass in the music had already been tuned to the max (during mixing), then any additional EQ usually just results in distortion.

One thing about s-JAYS is it really really works well when amp'ed (better detail and bass slam). If you use to want to add an E5, you should also get a line-out dock. If you are not in any hurry, I'll recommend you to wait a few weeks for the new E1 to hit the market first and read more about it before making any decision. IMO, It has better synergy with s-JAYS. You can find my review here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back