RWAK 120-s vs AK 240?
Nov 16, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #34 of 39
I bought mine because I feel I had a super deal for it, plus I had the ideal amp, the intruder. Still quite curious about an Rwak240 or Rwak120ii to be honest.

For those interested, the HO still works, I just don't have volume control. it plays loud, not too loud, it's actually at a volume I personally enjoy.

All that being said, I agree with you @likearake I'm not too sure it'd be worth it for a lot of people. I only paid $850 for mine as I had an amp already, to get one of the supposed better setups. For me, I am happy and it was well worth it.

hey Warrior1975. planning to get the Rwak120b on mine soon. just wonder. what headphone or earphone u was using with your MOded ak120.  thanks

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #35 of 39

Guys, RWAK120S and FiiO E12A. What do you think about this rig? What's your amp advice for RWAK120S ?

The Triad L3 is my fav so far with the 120s. I hook it up to the PSU and it sounds even better. For portability I use the Tralucent T1 amp. I preferred this amp to the internal amp on the DX100 :).

hey Warrior1975. planning to get the Rwak120b on mine soon. just wonder. what headphone or earphone u was using with your MOded ak120.  thanks

I use mine with the Spiral Ear SE5 and the Tralucent Ref 1. But it pairs good with all my IEMs including the FX850 and Suis.

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #37 of 39
Hi guys, I will be getting a rwak120s mod soon but I am a bit undecided with amp choices. So far I have seen suggestions of T1, RSA intruder and triad L3. Can someone offer some advice as to which should I get? And what are the differences between them?

And what about ALO amps? ALO continental? My budget will be between $250- $350, I would prefer to buy the amp used (getting better amp rather than a new amp if that makes sense)

And of course any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

P.s. I'm planning to use it with UM 3DD and 1Plus2 with TwAgCu hybrid cable

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #38 of 39
Hi. Currently using the T1 Amp from Tralucent Audio as Im typing this with the SE5s. Nice to block the world out at work :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back