Russian speaking members? I could use your help / translation
Dec 2, 2010 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

M3NTAL

Headphoneus Supremus
For the holidays I am gifting a friend a set of custom in-ear monitors and I would like to make a plate on the case that basically says something like "Custom monitors designed for ----name---"   But I don't know what the correct terminology for in-ear monitor would be in Russian; this is where I would need some help from someone who owns IEM's and speaks Russian... what would YOU say if you were gifting custom IEM's?

THANK YOU MUCH! - Happy Holidays

Dec 2, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Hmm... that's a hard one, the only term I know is the regular "earphone", that's наушники, read as "na-ush-ni-ki"... not sure if there's a specific term for IEMs.

Thank you very much Pavel!  That is defiantly a start and sort of what I was looking for. I'll keep my project on hold until I get some more responses and a complete sentence/statement

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #4 of 9

Here's one. "Спецзаказ для ----name---". Translates into something like "speciialy made for".

Or... "Наушники по спецзаказу для ----name---". Translation: "Headphones specially made for".

Good luck with that.

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #8 of 9
Sounds a little unnatural (спроектированы is a bit of a technical word, really simply meaning "made" but more directly translated to "designed for a specific purpose" - generally not used in normal conversation).  A little over-the-top if you ask me. :)
Quote:
I might go with "наушники , спроектированы специально для"   and leave the modifier out.

I like andreiru's previous "Наушники по спецзаказу для ----name---" - a more natural way of saying "headphones specially for name", though directly it's a little difficult to translate - "headphones of specifications for..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back