Russian Circles
Nov 26, 2007 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ozstrike

100+ Head-Fier
Anybody else a fan? I had a listen to the songs on their myspace, and I instantly bought the album. It's in the post now, I can't wait.

They're kinda similar to Pelican/This Will Destroy You and the like. I can't stop listneing to it.

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #2 of 8
I saw them in Chicago open for 'Pelican' & 'The Red Sparrows'... They rock... So much sound for 3 people.

Nov 27, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah, all the Botch related stuff is really great I think. Those guys are connected with so many different bands.

I totally love everything TAAS has recorded so anything would be good to start with. If I had to recommend just one I would say start of with their first full lenght, Oxeneers or the Lion Sleeps When Its Antelope Go Home.

Mar 6, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #6 of 8
I have been feeling this Russian Circles album. Bought it last December but haven't listened much until recently.

Check it out! (but check out TAAS first
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Mar 6, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 8
Russian Circles is fantastic!

I got in on them a few years ago when their demo came out, and bought their album as soon as it was released. I was very annoyed that when Pelican toured City of Echoes up here, Russian Circles didn't join them. I don't think they've ever toured Canada.

I suggest you find a self titled EP by a group called Disappearer, as well as the album "Malval" by Shora. You'll like them both. You also may want to check out 5ive (aka 5ive's Continuum Research Project) if you don't know them already. They just put out a new album (called "Hesperus") that's excellent, and their earlier work is excellent as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back