Rush
Feb 15, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #18 of 25
in the 80s my dad did some architectural work for alex lifeson, designed an addition to his home. at the end of the project alex offered my dad a signed record (not sure which one, but this would have been in the mid-80s)... my dad a hungarian immigrant and consummate professional refused the offer and told alex "i don't like music," classic.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:
in the 80s my dad did some architectural work for alex lifeson, designed an addition to his home. at the end of the project alex offered my dad a signed record (not sure which one, but this would have been in the mid-80s)... my dad a hungarian immigrant and consummate professional refused the offer and told alex "i don't like music," classic.

...I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry..

I have to say the time machine singles really sounded like quintessential rush. The new album came out. And man its weird. Even for rush. I don't think it's bad i just don't think its quite my favorite. I have a feeling its going to have quite a few critics. Jeez, look at some of those titles. As if the didn't have enough haters already. hahaha. 

Lovers vs hater war!

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #20 of 25
They performed the first show from their current tour last night in Manchester, NH and from what I've read, the setlist is amazing. As for the new album, I like it better than the last 2 for sure and maybe better than some of their 80's albums. 

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #22 of 25
been a very long time fan, ever since Closer To The Heart was a big hit single back when i was 4. i have never seen them live in person, just on dvds. i would love to go see them. i know they are a rather expensive band to see, but i've seen a documentary online about the road crew and just how much work goes into them putting on a show, and now i know why they are so expensive to see. which to be honest, i would only want some cheap seats to see them. i know how ugly they all look but i still love the music.

i might be one of those rare people who dig at least 90% of the albums from the 90's. but it's not like they are all perfect like 2112 or Hemispheres. but they are still talented at what they do, even if it's that rap section in Roll The Bones.

the new album is really good. i would rank it better then Snakes & Arrows. sounds more heavy to me. i picked up the 180 gram album of the new one, but have had that single of Caravan from back on Record Store Day in 2011, or was it 2010? i never heard it until then either because i dont have paypal, credit card, yadda yadda yadda, to buy the digital single when they first released it on their webpage i think a year before the 7" came out. but i really dig the song Headlong Flight. which might be my favorite song on the whole album. (which i will admit i've only listened to not even 10 times yet) but i'm quite impressed with the album. like i said, even more then Snakes & Arrows.

but i know i should get around to seeing them live, just because i better before it's too late. (again)
i will rank the new album up there in my top 10 favorite Rush albums

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #23 of 25
yeah, they sure are expensive. But man i got seats for when they come to town. I can tell you how stoke i am. I'm half tempted to beg, plead, and cry for 2112 overture. That has to be one of my favorite songs ever. I'm surious if they're gonna play mostly the new album or if they might have a bit of the other stuff. And you know I'm not even sure if i really want them to play they're big hits i.e. Tom sawyer/ spirit of radio. I love some of the more obscure stuff. Twilight zone, marathon, prime mover, noturne, stuff like such. Anyone know the playlist?

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #25 of 25
Ah, I can't tell you how happy it makes me that they're gonna play pretty much all of 2112. Though i do wish they had included Limelight, Bravado, and Marathon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back