Rush
Jul 9, 2010 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Drumonron

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, I'm a bit late but what do you all think of the 2 new Rush songs: Caravan and BU2B?? from the forthcoming 2011 album called Clockwork Angels?

Jul 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 25
Thanks everyone for your impressions...I'm still wrapping my head around them....I like them though...sounds like they went back to more of a 70's type sound.  I like the mix better than vapor trails buy a lot(that was horribly engineered/mixed).

I wonder what the concept of the album is.  BU2B is actually kind of heavy, content wise.

Jul 13, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #8 of 25

Quote:

I wonder what the concept of the album is.  BU2B is actually kind of heavy, content wise.

The current tour is called the 'time machine tour' so that is both a celebration of their achievements and a hint for the theme of the album 'clockwork angels'. I'd say it's all about time, growing up, looking back at the past. The song and the caravan itself is sort of a visual representation of travelling to different places and ones life travelling and changing with it. BU2B is perhaps more obviously about learning as a child and how what you were taught changes in significance and truthfulness as you grow older and perhaps wiser.

These are just my thoughts.

Love me some Rush!

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #10 of 25
HUGE Rush fan here...was quite helpful for me to read Neil's book "Ghost Rider."  It certainly helped explain the song "Ghost Rider", but it will also help explain songs like "Caravan" (haven't heard it yet) but by the description, it could be about his travels after the deaths he experienced.

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 25
I think they are good, just not my favorite.  A little bit too 'aggresive progressive', I think.

Nevertheless, Rush is still awesome.

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:
Drumonron said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

The current tour is called the 'time machine tour' so that is both a celebration of their achievements and a hint for the theme of the album 'clockwork angels'. I'd say it's all about time, growing up, looking back at the past. The song and the caravan itself is sort of a visual representation of travelling to different places and ones life travelling and changing with it. BU2B is perhaps more obviously about learning as a child and how what you were taught changes in significance and truthfulness as you grow older and perhaps wiser.

These are just my thoughts.

Love me some Rush!

Can't wait for them to put out a new album...same now as when I was a teenager...not many fans can say that!!....I'm going on 45 years old!!

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #15 of 25
can't wait for the new cd (hope they do a 5.1 mix again)
and offcourse for the concert in Holland I'm attending

Users who are viewing this thread

Back