Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon
Mar 17, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #316 of 603

(I like Madoka Magica too!)

Do we have any idea when this will be release date? In a month? In a year?

at least 2+ years, so don't hold your breath.

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #318 of 603
I guess either the release date or an unveiling event will be on the first of June this year as it is the exact day when Sennheiser celebrate their 70th anniversary.

Thank you for the heads up, it makes perfect sense for sennheiser to unveiling the headphone, on their anniversary.

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #319 of 603

at least 2+ years, so don't hold your breath.

Based on? 
confused.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #321 of 603
Based on? :confused:

well a sennheiser flagship wld be announced at ces. wasnt announced this yr, so unlikely anything is coming out this yr. also, the way things go nowadays, we hear abt/see prototype pixs of a flagship 2 yrs before their actual release. no real pixs or even any rumors with a single specific details yet... so i think the smart money is 2 yrs out at minimum, at least one year after the first pix or real tech specs is revealed.

i highly doubt there is currently anything of substance behind the sennheiser flagship rumors & speculation right now as this thread has been speculating & rumoring ever since the hd800 was released.

of course, i cld b totally wrong. i wont b offended ahhah. tat wld b exciting for a new flagship within the next 2 yrs, but seems highlyyy unlikely imo. the hd800 at ces 2015 was declared best headphones by some publications lol. they r doing fine & sennheiser is riding em for mad profits.

Mar 17, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #322 of 603
they r doing fine & sennheiser is riding em for mad profits.

Or just trying to recoup R&D costs. I read that the initial research that went into the HD800 began in the early 1990s! 

Personally if Sennheiser just released something TOTL with the HD650 signature I'd get more excited than something more hi-res and microscopic. 

OR do you guys think the planars' dark sound trounces what a dynamic can acheive? I fecking loved the LCD-XC bass! The fit was really loose though. 

Mar 17, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #323 of 603
Or just trying to recoup R&D costs. I read that the initial research that went into the HD800 began in the early 1990s! 

Personally if Sennheiser just released something TOTL with the HD650 signature I'd get more excited than something more hi-res and microscopic. 

OR do you guys think the planars' dark sound trounces what a dynamic can acheive? I fecking loved the LCD-XC bass! The fit was really loose though. 

i love planars!! planars dont have to be dark though, thats just the audeze house sound signature. ya, super xpensive, heavy, & hard to fit right is also audeze's signature... though they r makin improvements n those areas

Mar 17, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #325 of 603
following this thread has made me realize how stale the headphone scene has been in the last few years. then again it's not so surprising when a model from 2009 is still among the best money can buy. on the other hand, the (C)IEM scene has made tremendous leaps and is much more exciting to follow. these days i see plenty of people preferring their K10 or Layla to an expensive HD800 rig, something i didn't think would be possible a couple years ago.

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #326 of 603
  following this thread has made me realize how stale the headphone scene has been in the last few years. then again it's not so surprising when a model from 2009 is still among the best money can buy. on the other hand, the (C)IEM scene has made tremendous leaps and is much more exciting to follow. these days i see plenty of people preferring their K10 or Layla to an expensive HD800 rig, something i didn't think would be possible a couple years ago.

+1 yeah the portable scene is really rich atm. In 5 years we have gone from triple stacks to one peice dac/amps to capable DAPs. really fast dev. My mate owns an audio store and he is frankly pissed at AK for releasing new players so quickly as he is stuck now with older ones. But I reckon AK felt they had to keep the dev pace up as Red Wine Audio and Head-fi'ers were not satisfied. 

I am personally most excited by the hybrid driver iem space. I am waiting for my Sony Z5 to clear UK customs now. grrr. 

Mar 18, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #327 of 603
  +1 yeah the portable scene is really rich atm. In 5 years we have gone from triple stacks to one peice dac/amps to capable DAPs. really fast dev. My mate owns an audio store and he is frankly pissed at AK for releasing new players so quickly as he is stuck now with older ones. But I reckon AK felt they had to keep the dev pace up as Red Wine Audio and Head-fi'ers were not satisfied. 

I am personally most excited by the hybrid driver iem space. I am waiting for my Sony Z5 to clear UK customs now. grrr. 

AK released new DAPs only because they could. IMO (and several others) the AK100 Mark I sounds better than all their subsequent releases. They actually worked hard on that first one. The rest are boutique crap.

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #328 of 603

Based on? 
confused.gif

well a sennheiser flagship wld be announced at ces. wasnt announced this yr, so unlikely anything is coming out this yr. also, the way things go nowadays, we hear abt/see prototype pixs of a flagship 2 yrs before their actual release. no real pixs or even any rumors with a single specific details yet... so i think the smart money is 2 yrs out at minimum, at least one year after the first pix or real tech specs is revealed.

i highly doubt there is currently anything of substance behind the sennheiser flagship rumors & speculation right now as this thread has been speculating & rumoring ever since the hd800 was released.

of course, i cld b totally wrong. i wont b offended ahhah. tat wld b exciting for a new flagship within the next 2 yrs, but seems highlyyy unlikely imo. the hd800 at ces 2015 was declared best headphones by some publications lol. they r doing fine & sennheiser is riding em for mad profits.

Ah ok. At least you have done some math on the matter. Thumb up for that (Y). On the other hand I never understand such outspoken statements. For all we know Senn gone surprise us big time next month.

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #329 of 603
  Ah ok. At least you have done some math on the matter. Thumb up for that (Y). On the other hand I never understand such outspoken statements. For all we know Senn gone surprise us big time next month.

unless you are talking about canjam, there are no other tech events that I am aware of for senn to make a new flagship announcement to surprise us. and we already know the canjam entries that sennheiser will be presenting & it definitely does not include a new flagship.

...soo doubtful. (imo of course & others may feel free to believe whatever they want). :)

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #330 of 603
  unless you are talking about canjam, there are no other tech events that I am aware of for senn to make a new flagship announcement to surprise us. and we already know the canjam entries that sennheiser will be presenting & it definitely does not include a new flagship.

...soo doubtful. (imo of course & others may feel free to believe whatever they want). :)

Don't forget about Munich High End Show in May.. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back