Rugged, Budget, Bassy, Closed Headphones
Dec 1, 2008 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

uraflit

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

I need what is stated above. It's for a person that tore apart and destroyed an AKG K81DJ in less than 14 months... so extra durability would be nice... if possible at all. Budget is anywhere from $1 - $80. Cheaper is better though, he doesn't care too much about refined music quality. His source will be a Dell laptop with integrated audio O_O

I still read on and off here, but I don't have all the options at my disposal, here is what I currently have in mind:

- another AKG K81DJ
- Panasonic RPHTX7
- JVC Marshmallows
- anything else?

Any more to add onto the list? Closed, rugged, bassy please! Thanks!

Dec 1, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 36
Equation Audio RP-15MC. Bassiest headphones Ive ever heard and they are only about $50. They do clamp tightly though if thats a problem.

Dec 1, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #5 of 36
was not so happy with lower-end Senn durability, had some earcups fall off with not that uncarefull use. sound will do though.

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 36
hmm. the hd202 looks to be a decent buy at ~$25, but if durability is an issue, id rather spend a little bit more to ensure longevity.

i really really want to get him a px100 or even ksc 75s, but alas, they are open and will not suit his needs of loud(er) music and gaming

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if he liked the k81s, get him another one. Maybe in even a different color. I just found colored k518 (samething) in different colors like red and blue at
Hard To Find - Vinyl Records, DJ and Music Technology Equipment
Another option would be the senns hd212, i here those are all about bass also.

wow, never even heard of red or blue k81djs b4. thanks for the heads up. i AM leaning towards getting him another k81dj... so far it's the cheapest closed headphone option that i had a good personal experience with

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIR, the HD202 is very tough and durable, inexpensive, bassy, and closed. Just what you're looking for.

imma take your word on it and get it!
tongue_smile.gif

no point in spending more money when its not appreciated/taken care of anyways.
tongue.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
imma take your word on it and get it!
tongue_smile.gif

no point in spending more money when its not appreciated/taken care of anyways.
tongue.gif

i heard they are nice and bassy but i also heard that they have cable problems or something and might break or the driver often stop working.
Oh well, its cheap enough to replace, id get it, its under 25, it wouldn't hurt. And its the thought that counts right?

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm surprised nobody suggested the Sony VDR6 and the Sennheiser HD25SP, both quite good choice for closed cans in the $60-80 price bracket.

I think you're referring to the Sony MDR-V6? Agree, a very good choice in that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back