RudiStor RPX-300
Jun 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

rosgr63

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anybody listened to the RudiStor RPX-300?
Is there a way to synchronize the independent volume controls?

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #3 of 14
I think you just look at the lines marked on the front plate of each volume control. Not 100% sure. Sovkiller input would be good here! Alternatively, just email Rudi which is probably best.

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 14
I would love to own this amp! Since I had an NX-02 I have been drooling for the RPX-100 which is the RPX-300 now. One day I will own this baby it is just stunning!

300-F-34-450.jpg

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 14
I believe the RPX-300 is a refinement based on the RPX-100, which is an extremely versatile and good sounding amp to start with. Separate volume control is cool and not very common in today's offering so this is definitely an attraction. The illuminated logo on top is like icing on the cake to add to the appeal (but not sure if this help the sound).

From what I recall (based on my faint memory of my previously owned RPX-100), the jacks are also upgraded and the face plate is also more refined that gives substance and elegance....

Just wonder how all these (including the unknown internal tweaks) will bring it close to RP010B MKII, or should we be expecting a MKIII of RP010B ?

F. Lo

Jun 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the RPX-300 is a refinement based on the RPX-100, which is an extremely versatile and good sounding amp to start with. Separate volume control is cool and not very common in today's offering so this is definitely an attraction. The illuminated logo on top is like icing on the cake to add to the appeal (but not sure if this help the sound).

From what I recall (based on my faint memory of my previously owned RPX-100), the jacks are also upgraded and the face plate is also more refined that gives substance and elegance....

It definitely looks like a more mature product. I also noted the upgrade of the jack, both front AND back (with locking mechanism
wink.gif
)...

Wow, a very nice offering, and extremely versatile. I will very seriously consider this amp if I ever need to go back the balance road (unfortunately, this is not the right time for me).

Will it have a little brother as well ? (I can't see the NX-33 listed anymore).

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spent a little time with at CanJam. It has such a smooth and relaxed sound. It was one of my favorite amps with the HD800, and I only heard it single ended. But in all fairness, I only heard it with the one song Rudi kept playing over and over and over and over.

I would say relaxed, natural, smooth and highly resolving sound is the hallmark of the "Rudistor housesound" which have a strong following.

I am sure the RPX-300 will retain this appealing traits of Rudi's design.

F. Lo

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by shamu144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will it have a little brother as well ? (I can't see the NX-33 listed anymore).

I tend to think the RPX-33 is the little brother of RPX-100. I haven't heard it though but some said they sound slightly different.

F. Lo

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

I would say relaxed, natural, smooth and highly resolving sound is the hallmark of the "Rudistor housesound" which have a strong following.

I am sure the RPX-300 will retain this appealing traits of Rudi's design.

F. Lo

Yep, that it did. I had never heard any of his amps prior to CanJam so I wanted to make sure I heard the best, since if I purchased any new amps, they would only be the best. $2500 for the RPX-300. One time he told me $25000, by mistake of course, because I don't think english is his main language.

No other amp sounded like the Rudistor, very soothing. Well, maybe the Phonitor comes close, but the Phonitor is more revealing and truthful than any other SS amp I've heard, which doesn't always make it soothing and enjoyable.

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #11 of 14
IPodPJ,
From what you heard would you buy the RPX-300, or would you opt for a different SS amp?

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, that it did. I had never heard any of his amps prior to CanJam so I wanted to make sure I heard the best, since if I purchased any new amps, they would only be the best. $2500 for the RPX-300. One time he told me $25000, by mistake of course, because I don't think english is his main language.

No other amp sounded like the Rudistor, very soothing. Well, maybe the Phonitor comes close, but the Phonitor is more revealing and truthful than any other SS amp I've heard, which doesn't always make it soothing and enjoyable.

I think the major difference between the Rudistor (RPX-300 or PR010B or...) and Phonitor is that the Phonitor is "designed" to disappear, and by doing so, become ruthlessly revealing of what is upstream of it. It also let the headphone to display its character in full. The magic of the Phonitor is that it manages to provide such a "high definition" in a coherent, non-fatigue manner.

Whereas my RP010B wants to makes its presence in the audio chain - although by doing so it adds to the enjoyment of music - it is like a momi-momi - you feel so good in its cradle that you do not want to go back to reality
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually they are not mutually exclusive. They can co-exist to suit different needs of our ear - as long as your wallet allows
beerchug.gif

F. Lo

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

I tend to think the RPX-33 is the little brother of RPX-100. I haven't heard it though but some said they sound slightly different.

F. Lo

Actually, I would rather call them cousins
icon10.gif
as the RPX-100 is indeed a balanced RPX-33, so you will get the same performance (or very very equivalent) between the RPX-33 and RPX-100 SE.

To me, RPX-33 is the big brother of NX-03 (single end line up), and RPX-100 (now RPX-300) is big brother of NX-33 (balanced line up). NX-33 is the only one that is not currently listed on Rudi's web, hence my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back