Rudistor RP4 or RP5?
Jul 27, 2004 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

KtoEto

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,
I want to buy a Rudistor but after having decided for a RP5
I am not so sure anymore. Maybe a RP4 would suit me just as well.
Is there a great difference between the two?
My headphones are Sennheiser HD595. The choice of a standalone player is not made yet (maybe a Philips 963).
I'm planning to buy an Emu too.

Jul 27, 2004 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
You can ask Dr. Gilmore for his opinion on the Rudistor amps.

One thing, HD595 is a low impedance headphone, you may notice hums on the RP5.

Very bad an uncorrect answer! He is asking about the RP4 or the RP5, and you answer to ask Kevin Gimore? Why not to Rudi that is the designer?

Probably you do not know that there is the RP5 cav (version) that is just for the low impedence cans as the CD 3000...

First read and then answer please!

http://www.rudistor.com/soundsystems/RP5cav.htm

Nicola

Jul 27, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by KtoEto
Hi there,
I want to buy a Rudistor but after having decided for a RP5
I am not so sure anymore. Maybe a RP4 would suit me just as well.
Is there a great difference between the two?
My headphones are Sennheiser HD595. The choice of a standalone player is not made yet (maybe a Philips 963).
I'm planning to buy an Emu too.

Here http://www.rudistor.com/soundsystems/RP5cav.htm you can find one of the best amp for your headphone!

Best!
Nicola

Jul 27, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 82
Quote:

I was only trying to be helpful. If you find my advice distasteful, then I will excuse myself from this thread.

I appreciate your help and my answer was not meant to offend you, it was just ironic.
Quote:

One thing, HD595 is a low impedance headphone, you may notice hums on the RP5.

How sure is that "may", if there's a chance that I notice hums then it's not good.

Quote:

Probably you do not know that there is the RP5 cav (version) that is just for the low impedence cans as the CD 3000...

Thank you Nik, but the cav is too expensive.
Do you think that I'll notice hums with the RP5. Would the RP4 have the same problem?

Jul 27, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #9 of 82
You could ask Rudi for an RP-5 with lower gain. I guess that wouldn't be a problem and maybe makeable without extra tax. BTW, the HD 595 with its ~150 ohm (Stereoplay measurement) is not a low-impedance headphone, so the regular RP-5 should show no hum with it anyway.

peacesign.gif

Jul 27, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #10 of 82
Thank you Jazz,
I just received an email from Rudi asking me if I'm still interested in the RP5. I'll ask him straight away.

I would like your opinions about the differences between the RP4 and the RP5.

Jul 27, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 82
Quote:

Thank you Jazz,
I just received an email from Rudi asking me if I'm still interested in the RP5. I'll ask him straight away.

I would like your opinions about the differences between the RP4 and the RP5.

is that everyones opinions or just one person?

i am sure everyone has alot of very helpful opinions on the two (no pun intended)

Jul 27, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #13 of 82
Quote:

I appreciate your help and my answer was not meant to offend you, it was just ironic.

How sure is that "may", if there's a chance that I notice hums then it's not good.

Thank you Nik, but the cav is too expensive.
Do you think that I'll notice hums with the RP5. Would the RP4 have the same problem?

Rudi can answer to your question better than me...

Best!
Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back