Rudistor RP010-B .... about to pull the trigger
Apr 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 22
Yeah, very interesting story, arnaud. Thanks for sharing.

I've been thrilled with my RPX-33 MK2 for the last 17 months. It has a virtually inaudible noise floor, and makes some of the greatest sound I've heard from my Ed9 et al. Plus I use it as a pre for my stereo setup.

Apr 10, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #17 of 22
I bought one from Rudi a month or two ago. It was a lot of money but man it is worth every penny. I re-terminate 3 of my 5 headphones to balanced so far and wow what a difference. In a direct comparison I like my D7000 balanced better than my Edition 9 single ended. The next step is to re-cable the Ed9 to balance.

I have the RPX-33 MlII and now the RP010B MkII. I have zero complaints about the hardware and have received first class treatment from Alberto (Sovkiller).

I have not heard the GS-X yet but I also own the GS-1 with stepped attenuator. The GS-1 is a great little amp but in a comparison with the RPX-33 this one is a lot more musical. The Rp010B is far better amplifier in all aspects to the RPX-33 so there you go.

I you are thinking in going fully balanced (from source to headphones) in your system IMO there is no worries to go with the RP010B. It is a superb amplifier.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 10, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 22
Is it not amazing how forgiving we are towards " The Genius " and that we are willing to risk a lot just to own a piece of their brilliance? It seems the world loves The Primadonna.

Why is there always enough time to do it over, but seldom enough time to do it right?

Eventually people get wise to the fact that caring is as important as curing. Put another way, electronic commodities seldom lasts forever, especially the extraordinary ones. The relationship that exist between maker and owner now takes over, and the quality of this relationship makes all the difference.

To those companies that make great products and continue to support their product and customers, well done, we salute you.

It is well known that the "genius" often sucks at relationships, with the people around them and their customers. Being the creator often negates having a manager and techs, one person cannot do all.

I have a strong suspicion that great companies have great inovators doing just that, great managers who do just that, and great happy techs whom does just that, they all work together with one goal in mind, happy customers!!!

Please Rudistor, do not go the same way as Singlepower has. I am sure many more unhappy customers will now air their experiences. Do something so the OP can remove the doubt he now has in your product, which is awesome.

I would hate another massive thread where people spill their guts as" WHERE IS RUDI".

Apr 10, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #19 of 22
Thank you Arnaud for your "tale of caution".

Your post has actually saved me some troubles in a near futur, because I had just bought the same XLR connectors from Furutech (FP-601M) to balance my futur HD800
mad.gif

I already noticed the grip was too strong with those connectors and that I could'nt introduce them without pushing stronger than I would like. But OMG I didn't know I could easily provoke this result.

My understanding is that this is not an isolated issue with your amp, but a problem with the build quality of the XLR connectors used in all Rudi's amp.

Additionnally, none of the XLR connectors used in Rudi's amp (either front or back panel) have a locking system, which can be annoying if your cable is constantly pulled out due to its own weight.

Attention to details is definitely a MUST with such expensive gears. I will not post pictures from the GS-X amp here, but take a look yourself and compare... I just wish the Rudi's amp had this top finish quality, because Rudi's amp do sound fabulous.

However, I wouldn't go as far as mixing Singlepower business practices with Rudistor. This seems totally uninformed opinions - unless you know some practice we are not aware of - and even outrageous to me.

Instead, I really wish Rudi could make a good note of those inputs and work on the mentionned issues to solve them in a near future. Both quality control and quality of XLR connectors should be addressed.

Regards,

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #20 of 22
Dear Arnaud, very nice story, eh!!! but as you said, I got that amp back, I personally inspected it, our engineer inspected and tested it also here in US, and there was no noise at all, so the problem was entirely on your side, we replaced that front panel that you damaged (inserting God knows what kind of out of specs plugs), very expensive BTW, if you consider also the shipping...as a side note, those plugs in the RP010B, are really hard to damage, and support a lot of abuse as they were designed for the pro industry, and nobody else have had any other problem with them, nor complained about those, till now. Maybe you got the only bummer in the production, **** happens, but I'm more inclined to believe the other side of the story, as we never had any problems with those RP010B jacks before...Also your same amp is now in other hands, that right now is a very happy owner, and is enjoying it inmesily.

Now about fees, export, imports, etc...that is stated explicit in the website, that all repairs are carry in based, shipping is at your dime always, and the export/import fees are not our responsibility at all, we even work with many customers to try to minimize them, but sometimes are unavoidable, that is the law...as per the FedEx fee maybe was due to the fact that we no longer deal with them, as we use now DHL, and probably your bill get to them after we closed the account...not sure about that, but I could find out if you want...But while you decided to purchase from abroad, you should take all those points into that decision, otherwise just choose to buy local, and period...I'm sure you cna get very good amps in Japan for sure, amps that we do not even know off, Japan is a technologic gem...
tongue.gif

Rudi lost in that story like $2000.00 Euro was not only your loss. in repairs, shipping (you were not the only who shipped) Rudi also shipped at his dime, fees, and just for your info, the amp was sold later heavily discounted, as "B stock/refurbished"...

To make that long story short, you received a new amp, you damaged it, and Rudi offered you a refund...As you said Rudi was extremelly patient with you, and answered all your emails and questions, and work with you all around, and I know also that, as I have copy of the majority of those emails, he always deal in a very honest and decent way, and at the end you got your money back, but everybody had limits, and I think that you went a little on the edge with him with the last FedEx issue, what is not his fault at all....but honestly I'm not sure what your beef is now, after everything was solved...
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif

Do not worry guys, that we will never go in a different way, conducting our business, and trust me that we are very sad to see what others members are facing with some other manufacturers, and we do not aprove, nor like at all those practices...and if for any reason Rudi got really crazy, and one day he decided to go slightly in a similar way, you got my word, that this same day, I will be out of this relationship with Rudistor, right there...I'm poor but honest, that was the way I grow up, and the way I will die...
wink.gif

I will not post here again, and mods feel free to delete or edit whatever you consider not appropriate, but I did feel the need of clearing a little bit a few things...given that I have some info about that incident, and state the other side of the story as well...

Sorry guys, if you have any other question feel free to PM or email me...

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #21 of 22
Hi Sovkiller,

While I respect your explanation and point of view, you are not addressing the main issues here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamu144
Both quality control and quality of XLR connectors should be addressed.

First, the Quality Control did obviously fail to detect the issue with the XLR plugs of the first RP010B received. This is not acceptable to me for a 3.500 euros piece of gear. Period.

Secondly, I know at least of another user who has damaged the XLR front connector exactly the same way as Arnaud did. So this is not an isolated case, and I am willing to bet there are more. On top of that, I am experiencing troubles myself as well with my Furutech plugs as I wrote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamu144
I already noticed the grip was too strong with those connectors and that I could'nt introduce them without pushing stronger than I would like. But OMG I didn't know I could easily provoke this result.

Finally, you can not deny the back and front XLR plug do not have ANY locking system. Do you think this is common practice. Obviously to me, it is an hassle.

You have always shown respect for others, and at least with me, good business practices. But I urge you to take more seriously those 2 issues.

Regards,

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #22 of 22
Hi Sovkiller,

It's all fair that you make your point and it is taken. As Shamu said, half of the shipping and repair cost was for original negligence so can't blame me for that.

As for the XLR plugs, please do find me a picture of any pro gear or headphone amp gear with glued XLRs rather than screwed on type. I have a feeling you won't (especially not pro-gear). The interesting thing is that I believe the RP010 first came with screwed on type but it did not look great and was later streamlined with the other products style (e.g. press fitted plug).

At last, you asked about why I went public with this:
> While everything you said about Rudi is true, he still goes ballistic on his customers while I have systematically been polite in my replies.
> I am receiving a bill for a shipment that was not to fix damage I made (I paid for that one when I shipped it to you) but to fix Rudistor's assembly mistake! Why ever should it be me who pays for that?
> Last, I did not appreciate receiving email threat from Rudi about charging me with all the repair costs and what not as a response to my FedEx claim.
> Interestingly, the 1st day I lurk back on this forum (after maybe like a month or more without coming) I come on this thread. I felt like the OP deserved to hear about my experience, however isolated it might be.

arnaud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back