Rudistor New Electrostatic headphone
Oct 31, 2009 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

donthuang

500+ Head-Fier
Rudistoråšå£«ï¼stax互æ›ã®ã‚³ãƒ³ãƒ‡ãƒ³ã‚µãƒ˜ãƒ ƒãƒ‰ãƒ›ãƒ³ã... on Twitpic

39720124.jpg

from Japanese headphone festival fall'2009

This headphone would be STAX OMEGA/007 class.
Still waiting more info coming.

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 23
Any more news?

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #6 of 23
Looks very nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by n3rdling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It kinda looks like a repainted Beyer frame holding electrostat drivers. Hopefully they are fully open.

Cups are larger, pads are smaller. But otherwise, yes definitely.
I dont mind as IMO the beyer DT line is the best designed in terms of comfort/build quality.

Oct 31, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #10 of 23
I got a chance to listen to them today briefly. Conditions weren`t the greatest, but I did enjoy them.

They are much larger than the O2, which I prefer to these, but are still pretty comfortable.

I was really impressed, however, with Rudi`s upcoming DAC/Amp. I thought it sounded fantastic with my JH13s. The volume control was extremely smooth. USB, coax and optical in, and only slightly larger than my Pico. I think it`s going to retail for about $100 less too. Definitely a winner.

Nov 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 23
Sure looks nice!
smile.gif

Some more information would be nice though...

Nov 2, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #12 of 23
It is named as Titanus.
This is designed by Rudi.
Here are some pics.

It is only pre-production demo model at the time of the show. I think the outlook is subject to change. Rudi also designed a dedicated amplifier for them but it still need more time to complete.
So I let them use my own STAX SRM007tII for the show, they used STAX adapter to hook it up.
I set it up for the display and tested it for a short time, I felt the Titanus is less efficiently and requires more power than STAX amp have. So I think Rudi's dedicated amp will bring out the actual performance.

Sorry but I can not state any sound comments as I was very much busy so only I just confirmed if it sounds.

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a chance to listen to them today briefly. Conditions weren`t the greatest, but I did enjoy them.

They are much larger than the O2, which I prefer to these, but are still pretty comfortable.

I was really impressed, however, with Rudi`s upcoming DAC/Amp. I thought it sounded fantastic with my JH13s. The volume control was extremely smooth. USB, coax and optical in, and only slightly larger than my Pico. I think it`s going to retail for about $100 less too. Definitely a winner.

I assume this is the combo unit you're talking about there?

39653417.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back