RSA Tomahawk Bass lite?
Mar 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Spawn

Head-Fier
I have the iBasso D2 Boa and I could not really tell a difference between
the ipod out and the amp so I wanted to know if the Tomahawk had a warmer sound?

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 7
what headphones are you using it with? also maybe its not fully burned it, dont flame for burn in comment.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 7
I am the 3rd owner of the ibasso d2 boa and I using SCL4s, TF10 ( set for repair) and UE 200v. I really did not hear any difference between the Head phone out and the amp but I did using it as a dac.

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 7
I would not say it's bass light, but you do have to take into account the headphones it's targeted to. It's meant for small earphones and will (in my experience) bring the most out of them.

Headphones that are sensitive and "easy to drive" like grados and some portable phones will sound great with the tomahawk (even though it's not quite ideal).

However, where I draw the line is the full sized headphones which require much more power like my beyerdynamics or akg. They sound weak without a more powerful amp.

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Ipods have rolled off bass, so it could also be the ipod. Tomahawks have neutral mid and low end, and a peak in the highs from what i can hear with mine, so its not bass light, just not bass-boosted like some equipment.

Mar 9, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #7 of 7
Just pop a small piece of thicker wire in the connector for bigger bass.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back