RSA Shadow sounds worse than RSA Predator
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

atsq17

500+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if any of you out there had a similar experience. 

I recently bought an RSA The Shadow and I did an A-B comparison using Creative Aurvana Live! and Philips Fidelio S2 (IEM). I found the sound signature to be very similar but the Predator was noticeably more "polished". I let a fellow head-fier at work try it and he said that the Predator seemed to have better clarity, separation and wider soundstage. The difference was noticeable enough that it could be discerned in a blind test. I am the 3rd owner of the RSA Shadow and I have asked the previous owner how much time he had with the device. The Predator has over a few hundred hours at least (2nd owner). I am hoping it is just a lack of burn in time for The Shadow. 

Has anyone out there tried the two and come to either a similar conclusion or even a completely different one? I bought The Shadow after reading positive opinions on it here but perhaps those opinions were formed without first listening to the Predator? Would be keen to hear from people with some experience with the two of these units. Cheers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back