RSA Predator & new 3G iPhone
Aug 19, 2008 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RobA19

100+ Head-Fier
Apologies if this has been covered before ... I just got the new 3G iPhone and for some reason my Predator doesn't work when connected with the line-out dock cable that worked so well with my Touch. The sound continues to come out of the iPhone built-in speaker when the LOD cable is connected and nothing comes thru the Predator's connected headphones.

Anyone else had this problem? Any solution please? Thx.
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 9
The iPhone uses some extra pins. So this means you have to upgrade your cable.
But the good part is, iPhone cables are compatible with normal iPods
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 9
Apple love to bollox up their cable useability don't they!

My cable works with the Touch (which I just gave to my son who's going off to Dubai !!) & my old Ipod Video. Guess I'm going to have to buy a new LOD cable - how do I know which sort to buy? The one I've got was made by someone on this board.

Aug 19, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 9
it is to do with the pin configuration!
Pin two needs to connect to pin 11 or something similiar!
Qables do a iPhone LOD as do numerous sellers on eBay and as far as I know ALO do one on request!
Think there are numerous DIY cable manufacturer on these forums too!
Punnisher did a nice iPod LOD for me And was very tidy I'm sure would do one if you asked! Very reasonably priced too

Aug 19, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethatgiraffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is to do with the pin configuration!
Pin two needs to connect to pin 11 or something similiar!

According to Punnisher it is pin 1 and 11 that needs to be connected. Have not tried it as I decided to go without an amp after trying to just place my Xin SuperMini next to the iPhone and nearly got my ears blown out from rf interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back