RSA **Predator** A review in stages ** With some "NEW" images on 1st and page 64 . . .
Mar 6, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #347 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by trafox10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmmmmmm since i'm using IEMs, the difference between this 3 amps should be more or less the same?

...you mean this, Hornet, and Tomahawk?

Mar 6, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #350 of 723
2314377349_e79e72be18_b.jpg

More pictorial juice to go

Mar 6, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #351 of 723
Very nice. I have never been crazy about silver but what Ray uses isn't really silver it is more white and looks very different, interesting and I think appealing.

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #352 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn Cain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2314377349_e79e72be18_b.jpg

More pictorial juice to go

I love this picture. I am even more enjoying my amp which is identical to this picture. Now with even more hours it's finally levelling out and it has reached the quality of sound of my bigger desk top or two chasis external power supply RSA amps. This little Predator still has me in awe and I have a couple of bigger really nice RSA amps to compare it to. Yes, this little amp has the sound signature of the bigger amps many more times it's price. This little amp has me just as awestruck as the Apache all be the Apache and the Predator two very different sized amps still have very much common a sound signature. I own both and have compared them side to side and can say this as a matter of fact. I have undecided feelings when a particular piece can actually sound better on the Predator. This has happened on a few occasions although I have to say both amps have their place . The Apache is a work of art, the Predator is a scientific wonder. The HR-2 is just down right good with everything I through at it. I love my RSA amps and intend to enjoy them for many years. Keep on rocking Ray!!!!
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #353 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love this picture. I am even more enjoying my amp which is identical to this picture. Now with even more hours it's finally levelling out and it has reached the quality of sound of my bigger desk top or two chasis external power supply RSA amps. This little Predator still has me in awe and I have a couple of bigger really nice RSA amps to compare it to. Yes, this little amp has the sound signature of the bigger amps many more times it's price. This little amp has me just as awestruck as the Apache all be the Apache and the Predator two very different sized amps still have very much common a sound signature. I own both and have compared them side to side and can say this as a matter of fact. I have undecided feelings when a particular piece can actually sound better on the Predator. This has happened on a few occasions although I have to say both amps have their place . The Apache is a work of art, the Predator is a scientific wonder. The HR-2 is just down right good with everything I through at it. I love my RSA amps and intend to enjoy them for many years. Keep on rocking Ray!!!!
icon10.gif

My Goodness! That is a brief, to the point and glowing review indeed.

About how many hours do you have on your Predator so far?

And congrats on a remarkable RSA collection -- current and imminent -- from diminutive to powerhouse.

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #354 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't feel the Tomahawk is up to the same level of sound quality as the Predator. So for me it's an obvious choice regardless of the DAC.

Yup...I know the difference in sound quality is going to be great on headphones. But What if I'm planning to use IEMs on the predator? Any great difference in Sound quality to justify the price difference?
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the feedback
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #355 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Goodness! That is a brief, to the point and glowing review indeed.

About how many hours do you have on your Predator so far?

And congrats on a remarkable RSA collection -- current and imminent -- from diminutive to powerhouse.

I have approximately 1565 hours when I do the math. I have it on 24/7 and recharge it every 2 1/2 to 3 days which is pretty good when considering it's pushing a relatively heavy load night and day non stop. When the battery get's tired I find I can tell just by the apparent lack of low bottom end at which point I recharge the amp for 2 or 3 hours while it's still playing and it sounds immediately back to it's full lustre as soon as the adaptor makes contact with the amp. There is no electrical reason a Predator should ever not sound it's best. As long as your paying attention , this little wonder should amaze at a continuouos enjoyable level of sound quality. I still get excited about it. That says a lot from an audiophile who bores quickly with new toys. This little amp is not a toy. It is a state of the art power amplifier due the same respect as any high end level of audio gear.

Mar 9, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #357 of 723
its my 3rd day of owning the predator and its already paying back. I am getting that deep growl bass floating just behind my brain while the main voice is in front of my eyes. great sound, never heard it ever before, such a bass. not on my tf10 alone, not, on the go vibe petite, only on the predator IN MY LIFE so far.

gee now i am no longer a virgin.

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #358 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn Cain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its my 3rd day of owning the predator and its already paying back. I am getting that deep growl bass floating just behind my brain while the main voice is in front of my eyes. great sound, never heard it ever before, such a bass. not on my tf10 alone, not, on the go vibe petite, only on the predator IN MY LIFE so far.

gee now i am no longer a virgin.

Hey, Welcome to the Club. it is eye opening how a small carry it anywhere headphone amp can achieve sound quality this Good.
To me the Bad news is it will be hard to listen to anything else.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #359 of 723
Oh hey, here are some pics I took a while ago, but never posted anywhere. I'm absolutely adoring my amp.

2151033516_c522ae0511.jpg

2150241221_a48f33cc6a.jpg

2150239975_ccd5f2d4f9.jpg

Mar 11, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #360 of 723
ooo hi mr PR074!!
Mines is PR 169!! very lovely number, especially the 69 part.

So far these serials are in Singapore:
PR169
PR177
PR153
PR157

I welcome all to visit our feed here

Perhaps there should a thread in head fi with a serial listing of predator?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back