RSA Hornet Info
Dec 2, 2007 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Gollie

100+ Head-Fier
Dec 2, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 9
That specific one is an M version, meaning the mod was performed. I can't recall EXACTLY what the mod was other than the capacitor changing from Panasonic(what I have), to a different cap, and then again to a different one for the final one. I can't remember exactly which generations have which except the OG one. For some reason Nichicon keeps coming to mind.

Basically, you'll enjoy it, and if you get it for $200 you're scored pretty good. But putting that auction link on here, will probably mean you won't win it for $200, lol.

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 9
there are also tomahawks and I believe a hornet or two on the f/s forum right now. why buy from ebay when you don't know who you're dealing with instead of someone here, in the head-fi community???

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 9
I second oicdn's words of wisdom. I had my eyes on a few vintage sets of headphones while head-fi was down on e-bay, sure enough head-fi'ers still found em. With the link posted, competition might have just gone up.

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #6 of 9
I'm guessing because of the eBay poster referring to come here to Head-fi for any info, he probably is a head-fier...probably a lurker though as I couldn't find anything...

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 9
Bad idea to post an eBay auction here. Expect some competition
wink.gif

(no not from me!)

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad idea to post an eBay auction here. Expect some competition
wink.gif

(no not from me!)

WELL...I just recently got into hifi and my preliminary research led me to think I wanted a portable amp. After countless hous scouring through head-fi I decided to order a 336i. Hopefully someone will outbid me so I can buy a good DAC.

Will be running x-fi fatality > (hopefully Beresford DAC) > DV 336i > DT770 (80ohm).

Anyone have that link to the 336i tube rolling thread?

Dec 3, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #9 of 9
Still ended at a good price, even if the seller gouges you for shipping, but it shouldn't be more than $10 for insurance, priority shipping AND delivery confirmation. I know this, cause I recently shipped one out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back