RSA Balanced Portable Connector and Amp
Mar 29, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #31 of 34
Thank you for your suggestion for other cabling I might be able to try and use. When I had some UE products, I despised their cabling, as it was like a memory wire throughout. I don't think I'd want anything like that no matter the sound quality.

I'm also with you about termination or not, if you can't start at the IEMs. The only thing that keeps me at a "might still try" state of mind is that I've read that with the K1000's, people noticed an improvement even when they swapped out the lower portion of the cabling only.

I guess it can't hurt to try at some point in time.

Thanks again.

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #32 of 34
I just ordered the female connector (x2 in case I screw one up) for the plug and a Neutrick (sp?) 3.5 mm stereo plug (x2 on this too, in case of a screw-up) from Mouser and am looking forward to solderin' away in about a week or so.

I've been really curious as to how my CK10's would compare directly from SE to balanced and will be able to do a direct comparison with little audio memory loss.

I can't wait!

On a side note: I need to be a bit more careful with the soldering iron. Last weekend I connected my K1K's to a 1/4" plug so I can listen to them directly out of my RVK amp and afterwards, as I leaned down onto my couch to pick something up, I accidently ran the iron right through the down comforter that was there.

Luckily, I only burned through the comforter and not my custom-ordered-from-Italy-while-stationed-in-Germany leather couch. That would have been bad.

Ciao.

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #33 of 34
I am about to pull the trigger on the Protector purchase. Looks like unfortunately I won't be able to get my TWAG cable to Craig for retermination prior to his departing on vacation.

If I ordered a connector from Ray when I purchase my amp, is anyone out there willing to reterminate an old skool UE11 cable for me? Me and the soldering iron don't see eye to eye.

Would really appreciate the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back