Rsa 71b with LCD 3/x ??
Jan 22, 2014 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

John0405

100+ Head-Fier
Hi
I didn't find any useful information on this combo
How would my solo r dac and sr71b drive the LCD 3 or LCD x ? Would it have enough power, driven in balanced mode, and could someone give me some impressions on this pairing ?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Jon

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 6
I'm waiting to receive my LCDX in the mail, but i'll be running it from the AK120 + Intruder. This will be my first foray into headphones, but i'll be sure to stop by and give my amateur impressions. i'm pretty sure i'll love it though.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #5 of 6
I just got the headset. the only thing i can compare my LCDX to is my westone ES5s. I have to admit though, the hype for audeze is so huge, and my expectations were so high, that i felt underwhelmed at my first listen of the headphones. openning the box, my heart seriously felt the same as if i was asking out my girlfriend again. i gave the headphones a good listen on the intruder (should be the same amp as the 71b), and found some things i liked. I let he headphones sit for an hour or so, then i pulled them out again, and seriously had a listening session.

The first thing i wanted to do after putting them on, was to lay down. I was so relaxed with them. Interestingly enough, I could hear more detail with the LCDX over my ES5 ciems, which i wasnt expecting. All the detail compressed in the ES5 was expanded. I wasn't as close to the music, but I could EASILY pick apart the song. I can see why people claim that the LCDXs are "fast" since it plays every note as intended. There wasn't an imbalance between highs and lows. The bass hits pretty deep, it sounds surreal. I could easily imagine myself staring at a drumkit when listening to the LCDxs. the portable amp does a great job with more than enough power to spare. you can play the headphones off low gain, if you prefer quiet listening. on medium gain, about 70% volume is unbearable. high gain maxes out safe listening at about 30% volume. I prefer medium gain. All in all, im impressed with the pairing. Unfortunately i had to use the stock SE cable off Audeze though. I'm sure my listening experience would be even greater with balanced cables.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #6 of 6
That's what I call a very useful post. Thanks a lot. I feel confident now purchasing the lcdx. I just need to save a bit more.
Thank you again, and if you feel sharing some additional impressions as your headphones are burning in, please do
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back