RS-1's new for $300 from China?
Nov 10, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #31 of 44
Some additional giveaways:

They only accept wire transfer or Western Union for payment.
Their contact email address is a Yahoo domain.

Nov 10, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #32 of 44
I was bidding on one of those, but lost out.

I emailed them twice and they answered me with their store offer within a day. $220pound is more like $435US and not $300.

The only thing that makes me unsure is that they use the name tauer_susan50rz on eBay who is suppose to be in the USA and when I emailed her I got the same message as everyone else:

Dear XXXXX,

"This listing must have a mistake. I am not selling anything on ebay at the moment. I'm not sure who is selling headphones or why my contact information is listed. Sorry!"

I just sent them another email:

Proof of Authenticity - Grado RS1 / GS-1000
Hi,

I know alot of people who are interested in your Grado RS1 and GS1000 headphones, but we are skeptical for their authenticity or if easybuy08.com is a legitimate business, since everyone received the same response when they emailed tauer_susan50rz who is supposely in the USA and your online store is in China which does not accept credit card payment or PayPal.

Can you please prove us wrong, by sending me a photo(s) of 2 to 3 Grado RS-1s and GS-1000s with a sign saying "Head-Fi members we are a genuine business" along the serial numbers of those headphones that is hand written from the Grado factory.

Awaiting your response, before anyone will place an order.

Regards,
XXXXXXX
Quebec, Canada

Lets see if they answer me back !

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #33 of 44
From what i've understood Grado does not allow resellers to sell outside their region, often the country of the store. So this is absolutely a scam.

Nov 10, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by adamse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what i've understood Grado does not allow resellers to sell outside their region, often the country of the store. So this is absolutely a scam.

Not true, I have bought many Grados from eBay stores, although they might not be eligble for the Grado warranty this way, they are nonetheless genuine Grados.

Nov 10, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #35 of 44
It's funny how such a huge company lets this Mr. Long Zhang accept all the payments
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #37 of 44
WHOIS information for: Easybuy08.com:

[grs.hichina.com]
Domain Name ..................... Easybuy08.com
Name Server ..................... dns19.hichina.com
dns20.hichina.com
Registrant ID ................... hc476945374-cn
Registrant Name ................. jie xu
Registrant Organization ......... Xu jie
Registrant Address .............. henan luoyang
Registrant City ................. luoyang
Registrant Province/State ....... henan
Registrant Postal Code .......... 471002
Registrant Country Code ......... CN
Registrant Phone Number ......... +86.01086665516 -
Registrant Fax .................. +86.01086665516 -
Registrant Email ................ lyqiaoyan@126.com
Administrative ID ............... hc476945374-cn
Administrative Name ............. jie xu
Administrative Organization ..... Xu jie
Administrative Address .......... henan luoyang
Administrative City ............. luoyang
Administrative Province/State ... henan
Administrative Postal Code ...... 471002
Administrative Country Code ..... CN
Administrative Phone Number ..... +86.01086665516 -
Administrative Fax .............. +86.01086665516 -
Administrative Email ............ lyqiaoyan@126.com
Billing ID ...................... hc476945374-cn
Billing Name .................... jie xu
Billing Organization ............ Xu jie
Billing Address ................. henan luoyang
Billing City .................... luoyang
Billing Province/State .......... henan
Billing Postal Code ............. 471002
Billing Country Code ............ CN
Billing Phone Number ............ +86.01086665516 -
Billing Fax ..................... +86.01086665516 -
Billing Email ................... lyqiaoyan@126.com
Technical ID .................... hc476945374-cn
Technical Name .................. jie xu
Technical Organization .......... Xu jie
Technical Address ............... henan luoyang
Technical City .................. luoyang
Technical Province/State ........ henan
Technical Postal Code ........... 471002
Technical Country Code .......... CN
Technical Phone Number .......... +86.01086665516 -
Technical Fax ................... +86.01086665516 -
Technical Email ................. lyqiaoyan@126.com
Expiration Date ................. 2008-10-19 01:52:37

Mitch

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #38 of 44
I can't really believe anyone can consider this but I'm interested in seeing if EdT gets a response. As others have said, that site looks about as legit as my 32 inch Sorny telivision or my Leroy's jeans. Even their stock photos seem ripped from low res thumbnails.

If it's real, I'll eat my hat*. Heh... then stock up on Grados and Canons.
biggrin.gif

*Not a guarantee. Actual eating of hat subject to hearsay and the strength of my word alone.

Nov 10, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was bidding on one of those, but lost out.

I emailed them twice and they answered me with their store offer within a day. $220pound is more like $435US and not $300.

The only thing that makes me unsure is that they use the name tauer_susan50rz on eBay who is suppose to be in the USA and when I emailed her I got the same message as everyone else:

Dear XXXXX,

"This listing must have a mistake. I am not selling anything on ebay at the moment. I'm not sure who is selling headphones or why my contact information is listed. Sorry!"

You've got to be kidding me! This is the ONLY thing that makes you unsure? Have you read the rest of this thread and the other one about the RS-1 scam they're pulling on eBay?

Quote:

I just sent them another email:

Proof of Authenticity - Grado RS1 / GS-1000
Hi,

I know alot of people who are interested in your Grado RS1 and GS1000 headphones, but we are skeptical for their authenticity or if easybuy08.com is a legitimate business, since everyone received the same response when they emailed tauer_susan50rz who is supposely in the USA and your online store is in China which does not accept credit card payment or PayPal.

Can you please prove us wrong, by sending me a photo(s) of 2 to 3 Grado RS-1s and GS-1000s with a sign saying "Head-Fi members we are a genuine business" along the serial numbers of those headphones that is hand written from the Grado factory.

Awaiting your response, before anyone will place an order.

Regards,
XXXXXXX
Quebec, Canada

Lets see if they answer me back !

Ok, so you weren't kidding. So now you're writing to a known scammer telling them that you're on to their scam and asking whether or not they have developed their scam well enough at this point to provide assurance to people like yourself who are on to them? Seems futile to me because (most likely) they won't respond because they are after easier prey so they haven't bothered to develop Stage 2 of their scam. But even if they do respond and can show you some photos (it doesn't take much money to buy several pairs of Grados for photo purposes) how could you ever have any assurance that once you've sent your wire transfer or Western Union payment that they'll actually send you a pair? They would need to keep whatever stock they might have to send pictures of assurance to the next sucker.

Nov 26, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #40 of 44
Ok, they couldn't come up with serial numbers or photos ...LoL

They messaged me saying they will provide the serial number once I paid them ...LoL and that now they accept PayPal also

Nov 26, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...The only thing that makes me unsure is .....

If that truly is the case, go for it.
Countless people have already devoted time advising you otherwise, and yet you still insist...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the most bootlegged site I have ever seen...there are p*rno sites that are more professional and legit than that.

Most p6on sites are pretty legit in my book...
rolleyes.gif

Although seriosly, if you pay with credit card paypal, would you still be at risk for scams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back