RS-1's in the house, and under the pillow!!!
Oct 6, 2005 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

cheechoz

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got my RS-1's yesterday. Just listened to them for a quick glimpse. I am so proud to be a member of the RS-1 elite. First initial impressions are incredible. Such warmth and detail, and they are so light, feeling better then any other Grado I've worn. I will give a more detailed discription when they have at least 100 hours on them. Funny thing happens here at head-fi, I started out with a pair of Radioshack brand KTX-pro's, and now look at this. But wait, I have more cans to come.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Oct 6, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 15
Congrats on the purchase! How much burn in do Grados need to settle a bit (100 hrs?)

Oct 6, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
rs1smile.gif
That's what they say, but of course I'll let my ears do the judging. Some people say 200 hours, OH! the agony!!

Flats or bowls?

Oct 6, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Flats or bowls?

Bowls all the way. The RS-1's are quite bassy, but a nice tight bass, not overly emphasized. Flats would just take away that sparkle the Grado's have.

Oct 6, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Bowls all the way. The RS-1's are quite bassy, but a nice tight bass, not overly emphasized. Flats would just take away that sparkle the Grado's have.

I agree, I did not like the flat pads on the RS-1. For that matter I did not like it on my SR-125. Long live the bowl
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by magid
How do they compare to your SA-5000s so far?

Well it's a bit early to tell, as I haven't done any extensive listening on either, but so far the detail on the SA5K's is really winning me over. The RS-1 has fuller and deeper bass and gorgious vocal presentation. The sound is more balanced then the 5K's. I'll be able to say more during next week.
rs1smile.gif

Oct 7, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i think bowls make the RS-1 sound weird. flats 4evah!

I'm with you... Team basshead
basshead.gif
rules!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back