RS-1 vs k701 Comparison
Sep 17, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #16 of 19
Yes, the RS-1 sound better out of a tube amp. In my case that would be the Mapletree Ear Purist + HD.
rs1smile.gif

Sep 17, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #17 of 19
[size=large]Ditto![/size]

The RS-1's are awesome, with the right setup, and very good with an average setup. While there may be better phones for complex, symphonic music, there is very little that's better for R&B, Jazz, Country and Acoustical music.

If that were not the case, why would I make so much of an effort to get my HD600's, and HD650's to sound more like my RS-1's? Although, I have to say, my Senns, are sounding very close to my RS-1's now... maybe better, but I don't think they'll ever quite have quite the organic texture and tone of the RS-1's, which their wooden sound chambers impart.

Though... they are overpriced, relative to their SQ compared to other phones. But... who pays more than $500 for them anyway (if you shop carefully) - which is not that much more than many pay for their Senns with upgraded cables and expensive amps to drive them.

No matter... the RS-1's are awesome!

Sep 17, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #18 of 19
I've heard the RS-1 on several occasions, first post basically sums up what I think about them as well. However, it's probably because my ears have been trained to the k701's, and I am just use to the AKG sound.

Then again, I was never a fan of the Grado sound, I hated my old 225's, 325's.

Sep 17, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I have listened to my RS-1 and K701 in all type of setups. Different DACs, Amps, Sources, etc. To me there is no comparison the RS-1 destroys the K701 all the time. At least that is what I hear.
rs1smile.gif

"Destroy" is when I compare Senn HE90/ES-1 playing lossless files vs. Bose triport/DAP playing MP3's.

I certainly like RS-1 and love some things it does, but there is no way RS-1 "destroys" K701.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back