RS-1 Appreciation Thread starts here!!!!
Sep 13, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #256 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine just one week ago, and enjoy them greatly when at home. I have been listening to details I didn't know in music I've been listening to for years. I also love their looks, I really believe these are keepers.

RS1.jpg

Looks real nice Artemio! What color is the lettering ink on those RS-1's? In the picture they look kind of light, not black. Are thy gold or silver lettering?
Looks like you got a real nice set for a good price!
rs1smile.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:39 AM Post #257 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are light compared to my old SR325i.

That is what I found, also -- makes them more comfortable to wear.
I was surprised. Different wearing experience, for sure.
Sound good, too, of course!
rs1smile.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #258 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by unbiased /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just cannot put these things down they make all my music sources sound so enjoyable!
rs1smile.gif

And think how many times you are listening, and say "Wow! I never heard THAT in this song before!"
Insane details!
rs1smile.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #260 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by unbiased /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks real nice Artemio! What color is the lettering ink on those RS-1's? In the picture they look kind of light, not black. Are thy gold or silver lettering?
Looks like you got a real nice set for a good price!
rs1smile.gif

They look black, but with the flash it is revealed to be lighter or at least, not as deep.

RS1-front.jpg

The sad part is that I now notice how bad my car speakers sound with some music... time for an upgrade I guess.

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #261 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my new Grado RS1 ( new design ) this afternoon. Just after four hours of burn-in they already sound amazing. Just imagining how they are going to sound after 100 hours of burn-in.

They are light compared to my old SR325i.

What is all this talk about "new design"? I've been away for awhile.

Got mine, new, 3 years ago:
rs1.jpg

Sep 14, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #263 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There have been at least TWO changes in that time.

do tell. Can you point me to pics of the "new design"?

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #264 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turner_Brown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do tell. Can you point me to pics of the "new design"?

The cable cut out on the O ring is now square instead of rounded, and just recently Grado have removed the button and changed the text to 'Grado Reference Series RS 1' around the rim.

Sep 14, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #266 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cable cut out on the O ring is now square instead of rounded, and just recently Grado have removed the button and changed the text to 'Grado Reference Series RS 1' around the rim.

And also an earlier type-font change, as well.

Sep 14, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #267 of 721
I received mine yesterday, haven't had a chance to give them a real listen but hopefully I will this weekend.

The redesigns are not as bad as people think they are, im shure theyll grow on people soon.
wink.gif

grado5qw1.jpg

grado1ty6.jpg

grado2yk8.jpg

grado4qj1.jpg

grado3qr8.jpg

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #268 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inzane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received #6120 yesterday, haven't had a chance to give them a real listen but hopefully I will this weekend.

The redesigns are not as bad as people think they are, im shure theyll grow on people soon.
wink.gif

I'm one of the few that think the new design looks good (although I have the previous "last of the old" designs). Congrats on your purchase, may it bring you many hours of happy listening!

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #269 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inzane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received #6120 yesterday, haven't had a chance to give them a real listen but hopefully I will this weekend.

wink.gif

grado5qw1.jpg

No more the wood round plate on the grille witn RS-1 written on it
blink.gif
blink.gif
redface.gif

That's criminal, hopefully i bought mine before that change
plainface.gif

Sep 15, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #270 of 721
This thread is yet one more example of why I really need to stop visiting head-fi.org. Now I am seriously considering saving my pennies for one of these & a Mapletree Ear+ Purist HD tube amp! It will take a while, but I love the Grado sound & suspect I should just cut to the chase & get the RS-1s as a terminal upgrade from my MS-1s. Curse you GlendaleViper for planting the idea in my brain!
spend.gif

Anyhow, a couple of questions to the RS-1 users:

(1) Although the RS-1s have gone through several physical changes over the years, I have gotten the impression (from my searches) that sound quality has not been adversely affected. Is this true?

(2) Has anyone tried applying oil/wood conditioner treatments to the RS-1 driver casing exterior in an attempt to darken it up? Or is this thought just plain wacky?

(3) The Mapletree tube amp seems to be the preferred head-fi choice of amp with the RS-1s. Why not the Grado RA-1 amp? I was under the impression that Grado Labs pretty much made these for use with the RS-1s in mind.

Sorry if any of these questions are particularly n00bish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back