RP-15MC custom cable plug?
Jul 24, 2007 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

slag

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am looking to make a custom cable for the RP-15MC. I ordered a Calrad Electronics 30-319 3.5mm Stereo Plug in the hopes that it would be slim enough, but it is almost identical to the Canare F-12 (which is very fat
tongue.gif
)

Does anyone know of a plug that is skinny enough for the job? How about the "Stereo Mini Plug Slimline Black" available at Markertek? http://www.markertek.com/Product.asp...&search=0&off= (if link doesn't work, try searching for the part number, "M-3.5S SLIM")

Thanks,
-Jay

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #3 of 5
The neutrik doesn't fit unless you open the earcup and remove the locking ring that the factory cable attaches to. At least that's how you do it on the RP-21, the RP-15MC might have an integral locking ring.

The markertek 'slim' is small enough to fit. Calrad sells this same plug but the part number escapes me.

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 5
I should be receiving my RP-15MC sometime this week and was looking to make a custom cable as well.

Can the 15 be modded in the same way as the 21 as seen in this thread?

I don't know if the 15 has the same locking mechanism as the 21 or anything yet.

Jul 25, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #5 of 5
For anyone who is looking to make a custom cable for the RP-15MC: see the above link in LepakVT's post regarding the RP-21 mod. You can indeed remove the locking mechanism rather easily (in fact, the RP-21 looks extremely similar to the RP-15 once you've removed the pads,) and when you have removed the locking mechanism, you can use a standard Neutrik metal barrel 3.5mm plug for the headphone end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back