rotary switch for maxed out diy switchbox
Feb 17, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fangmasterflex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for the goldpoint switchbox schematic, can someone explain to me what the point of that switch on ground is for?

It looks like its a ground lift switch, in case you have ground loop problems.

Feb 17, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one of the clearest and least confusing selector switch schemas there is

http://www.goldpt.com/schm_pls.html

If you break down a two pole rotary switch into a single channel at a time the concept is easier to grasp being no more than a main contact pointing to one of "X" input signal connections with "X" being the number of positions or better yet take your left hand,splay all five fingers open-this is the "positions"

now using your index finger of your right hand count off the five fingers.You index finger is the "Pole" so would be a 5 position 1 Pole rotary selector.Double that and you have a stereo switch so would be 5 positions again but having two poles (one for each channel)

thank you VERY much for this post!! i now feel i'm ready to break out my mouser catalog and put in an order!

thanks again!

Feb 17, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you VERY much for this post!! i now feel i'm ready to break out my mouser catalog and put in an order!

thanks again!

warriour05, will you build it as per the schematic link provided by rickcr42? If yes would you consider building a second one for me? Shoot me a PM, thanks.

Feb 17, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
warriour05, will you build it as per the schematic link provided by rickcr42? If yes would you consider building a second one for me? Shoot me a PM, thanks.

this is my first time doing something like this so i'm keeping it pretty simple. i'm just looking to build something i can switch between 2 inputs (one set of RCAs and one mini) and 2 or more outputs.

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Electroswitch C4 Series

Sealed contacts,silver plated,built like a brick crap house,has some real "BEEF" so will add mass to a small switch box preventing it from being overpowered by the cables connected to the back causing it to tip up in the front or worse and finally way cheaper than the above.

c4lg.gif

747-6700.jpg

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/629/1377.pdf

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this appears to be the best one about diy switchboxes. rickcr42's post in particular is very helpful, identifying an affordable switch (the goldpoint parts and finished switchboxes look killer, but with prices to match). Electroswitch does not appear to offer a 4P/3T switch in their C4 line, however. Would it be preferable to use two 2P/xT switches, or should grounds just be tied together with a 3P/xT switch ? (and should I just hope that there are no ground loop problems?
bigsmile_face.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back