Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,036 of 1,255
What is the nozzle size of the mini2?
Can I fit a larger tip bore with some modifications?
Should be Shure/Ety size, which I think is 2 mm (unfortunately don't have that tool whose name I don't know to measure the exact diameter).
Careful shrink tube application would be a possibility, but removing it would have to be done with even more care. You could also remove the foam parts of a foam tip of that size and use it to widen the diameter for larger bore tips.
But as mentioned in my review, excessive tip-swaying is probably not the best idea due to the flexible nozzle.

/Edit: Fixed some stupid autocorrect errors.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,037 of 1,255
@duo8 You can also cut the stem off one of the stock tips you aren't using to repurpose as a spacer, then you can put a larger bore tip on top. It was a fairly common mod in the Westone UM Pro thread.

Oct 15, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #1,039 of 1,255
Rose Mini6 by the way contain the same drivers as mini2 but triple the amount... should be exactly THE SAME signature as mini2 but with much better control and details

WFBK x3 + Sonion 2600 x3? That would be absolutely not the case. Neither does this make any sense with implementation, nor with the "much better control and details" department.
Where did you get that info, if I may ask? The pictures certainly tell a different story.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #1,040 of 1,255
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #1,041 of 1,255
Oct 15, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #1,043 of 1,255
OFC you can: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ros...ic-DJ-MMCX-Detachable-In-ear/32834291487.html
About control and details just the regular "double\triple driver amonut - better SQ", isn't my opinion or smth like that.

ANYWAY I hope it isn't true. I love mini2 so much but I won't upgrade to "just triple mini2"...

Of course you can. Although, that doesn't mean its something you should do. Adding more drivers doesn't just work in such a way, mostly because you have to consider electronic paradigms. Just look at the Impedance and Sensitivity. This also negates any "same drivers, but more = same tonality"
The most common thing I've seen are 2x TWFK implementations, which is a dual driver, ergo 4 drivers. If you look carefully you can see that the Mini6 features a "spoutless" driver, perhaps an ED30763 (used in the noble savant/sage). Now we all know that Aliexpress is not the most accurate source for specifications. I might hit Penon up with a mail and ask about the drivers used.

Oct 16, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #1,045 of 1,255
My full English review of the BR-5 MKII is now online: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/10/rose-technology-br-5-mkii-review-english.html#more

DSC04430-small.JPG

:beerchug:

Oct 16, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #1,046 of 1,255
Oct 16, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #1,047 of 1,255
Hmm... as apparently I have a bit more wear on my Masya cable, I need to decide between a temp fix like a small amount of electrical tape to cover the tiny bit of exposed wire, or just order a new cable. I know people seem to like the recent cable that I think I can order off Penon, so that's an option. Anyone have any specific thoughts on that cable?

Oct 16, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,048 of 1,255
Hmm... as apparently I have a bit more wear on my Masya cable, I need to decide between a temp fix like a small amount of electrical tape to cover the tiny bit of exposed wire, or just order a new cable. I know people seem to like the recent cable that I think I can order off Penon, so that's an option. Anyone have any specific thoughts on that cable?

I've got the wood Masya that comes with the original and braided cable. The braided one isn't a huge upgrade, it's a little more supple but also a little rubbery and the connectors are all the same. Sonically, I didn't hear a huge difference, perhaps it is slightly cleaner and clearer but the Rose earphones have never been lacking in the department anyway. I would probably try to heat shrink your current cable, the new cable is nice, but I didn't find anything to be obviously wrong with the original.

Oct 16, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #1,049 of 1,255
It's a very small exposure, maybe about 1mm or so. I also have the cable they released at the end of last year that was fairly poorly received, but I never got around to comparing vs the original cable. If I remember Rose stopped selling that one due to QC issues as well.

I should see how well the Pudding cable works with the Masya as the cable itself had a little too much memory for over ear use for my tastes, but might work decently enough for an earbud.

@ryanjsoo Any thoughts on using sugru for a fix of that nature?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #1,050 of 1,255
It's a very small exposure, maybe about 1mm or so. I also have the cable they released at the end of last year that was fairly poorly received, but I never got around to comparing vs the original cable. If I remember Rose stopped selling that one due to QC issues as well.

I should see how well the Pudding cable works with the Masya as the cable itself had a little too much memory for over ear use for my tastes, but might work decently enough for an earbud.

@ryanjsoo Any thoughts on using sugru for a fix of that nature?

Sugru is a bit hit or miss for me but it'll probably do the job, just make sure you have some other things that need fixing because it won't use the whole pack! A fun use is to stuff some tips with Sugru to make custom-like tips, actually works pretty decently. The new Rose cables don't have any notable memory, perhaps the unbraided unit that came with my Masya has been updated in some way?

On another note, would you be able to post some comments on the Pudding, Rose is discontinuing it due to some production difficulties so I can't get a review sample but I might buy one if it's any good, I do like the BR5 MKII very much. And for those curious about the Mini 6, Rose is tightening up their QC so it might be a while before we get impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back