Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #1,141 of 1,255
Another testimony to the epic built quality of Rose IEMs...
People should really stop coming here to promote new Rose models, especially a cheap 30$ model that brings nothing special to the table so far.

Cheaper Chi-Fi brands actually bring more bang for the buck so we shouldn't pay pay premium prices to get these self-destructing IEMs.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,143 of 1,255
People should really stop coming here to promote new Rose models, especially a cheap 30$ model that brings nothing special to the table so far.

The purpose of the thread is the discussion of the brand. Saying to not discuss Rose in the Rose thread doesn’t make sense to me.

Do you have experience with the North Forest?

Apr 29, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #1,144 of 1,255
The purpose of the thread is the discussion of the brand. Saying to not discuss Rose in the Rose thread doesn’t make sense to me.

Do you have experience with the North Forest?
Yeah, that didn't make sense to me either. Stop coming to the Rose thread to discuss Rose products? Even if the opinion given is negative, I think that the purpose of this thread is to discuss the brand, both good and bad aspects.

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #1,145 of 1,255
Anything you recommend that would compare to the Rose Aurora? I like the level of bass and smooth treble but the constant scratchy mmcx connection issue drives me nuts.

tried some DeOxit?

Apr 29, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #1,147 of 1,255
Doesn't that assume the problem developed over time? This has been an issue since purchase and reproducible with different cables. I don't have any DeOxit on hand but might use some 100% methanol I have for cleaning circuit boards.

Not necessarily, at least in my experience it doesn't take long for oxidation to occur in the right set of conditions (not to mention purchase date doesn't indicate manufacturing date, part quality or good storage practices, particularly for generic parts like mmcx connectors). If it is reproducable with different cables it could just be in the socket.

I'm not saying this is definitely your problem, could be any number of other things (bad/loose socket, cold solder joint interally or something maybe), but the scratchy sound you are describing is definitely consistent with my own past experience and others' descriptions I have read where cleaning the mmcx connectors solved the issue.

Methanol might do the trick, I haven't used it but as you are probably aware if it is anything like other alcohols, should be EXTREMELY careful not to get it on the housing given how they can react with some plastics (also possibly a risk for coaxial insulation). Advantage of deoxit is that it is supposedly generally plastic safe, nonconductive (well, some types are), also it does not evaporate immediately, so you can use the cable connector almost like a cleaning tool by applying a thin coating, attaching to the earphone and gently working it around.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #1,149 of 1,255
Ok, will try to pick up some Deoxit. Turns out the methanol is no where to be found. Hopefully the DeOxit does the trick. I don't really want to buy new HPs at this point.

Hope so! Wish they sold single applications of deoxit since it's a bit $ and I've never had to use more than a tiny bit, but if it doesn't work at least it can come in handy for other connectors like headphone jacks and usb etc..

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #1,150 of 1,255
Just noticed this thread. Seems like Rose has come up with their flagship 7 BA driver product - Rose BR7. It certainly seems very impressive based on the description and images alone.

I'm seriously tempted to buy. Do let me know if anyone has had any first hand experience so far with the IEM. Maybe I'll check taobao for reviews.

I had created a dedicated thread for the flagship product discussion, as I couldn't find any mention of this product, in any other thread including this one (there was NiceHCK HK6 thread, where this has come up now though):
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rose-br7-flagship-7-driver-iem-impressions-thread.878645/

Here are the key details of the same:
Description:
  • Warm and elegant, born for sound
  • Perfect ergonomic design
  • By sampling and comparing 24 Asian ear canal 3D data, it has repeatedly modified the sampling up to more than 10 times, collected wearing feedback, and finally achieved go deep into ear canal and reduce energy attenuation, and it is perfectly fit and comfortable to wear.
  • Advanced shell manufacturing process, professional shell manufacturing team
  • Rose technology chooses to collaborate with a listed print service company, relying on its strong technical capital advantage, using a PMMA material shell made from a German 3 million level precision industrial printer
  • The most advanced German 3D printing technology, using PMMA acrylic fiber and 0.01mm precision printing, no accumulation of stripes, transparent. Compared with traditional resin materials, high temperature resistance, heat shrinkability resistance and impact resistance is greatly improved
  • Good voice, stemming from superb tuning
  • 4 sub-frequency configuration: 1 super bass frequency, 2 mid frequency, 2mid high frequency, 2 super-high frequency.
  • 4-way catheter, no interference, fish-mouth sound outlet, so that the sound for a whole
  • Good voice is from leading drive unit hardware
  • From international leading balanced armature driver supplier: Denmark SONION and American Knowles
  • High-end hardware ensures excellent quality
  • Non-damped ultra-short high-frequency balanced armature sound system
  • Ultra-short high frequency sounding distance and straight through non-damped design, keep high frequency details at a maximum, suppress attenuation.
  • Dual Knowles swtk super high-frequency balanced armature, high resolution, low distortion. Dual guarantees bring excellent high-frequency experience which with rich sense of air.
  • [Super low+] technology
  • Rose technology modifies the low-frequency balanced armature structure by adjusting the frequency dividing circuit so that the br7's low-frequency dive strengthens and no longer need to tolerate the traditional balanced armature tone of the knocking iron.
  • Good voice, from each original details
  • With ELNA capacitor which is designed for audio, use OFC oxygen-free copper feet, very low distortion (third harmonic distortion -120dB), natural silk fiber media, high-quality sound, play the gentle neutrality of silky, increase the thick sense of low frequency, reduce the rough sound quality of the high-pass section that has peak feeling and the middle-frequency section.
  • Sound: Fast and powerful, suitable for modern music. The bass is a bit thin, but it does not feel less low frequency. The sound feels smooth, and the sound field is relatively large.
  • Using global electronic components leading brand tdk audio carbon film resistors
Specification:
  • Brand: Rose Technics
  • Model: B&R7
  • Driver: Balanced Armature
  • Sensitivity: 108db/mw
  • Impedance: 14Ω
  • Frequency response range: 20-20000Hz

Priced at 520 USD.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,152 of 1,255
6 positive ratings on Taobao for the BR7. The most recent review after Google Translate-
"See the weak water out of the new decisive to buy a single ~ Female voice, as always, the poison 5 single slightly regret the male voice also rely on the low frequency of the 2 units to save back the separation of the 4-way frequency Needless to say tried to return to the first to say The shortcomings are probably only a little confusing when I listen to the hardcore ( ? ∠ ∠) _ but who would listen to these with iron?"

May 2, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #1,153 of 1,255
Well, people will never change, they get screwed over and over again and don't learn.
I couldn't care less about good early reviews, since the sound is usually nicely tuned with Rose models.
When they crap out in less than a year, don't come back here and complain...

Penonaudio recently asked me to write short reviews for Rose IEMs, and I politely refused, given my very negative experience with all 4 models I bought.

They even screwed up their IEM cable. While it is tangle-free and very pliable, and does provide solid bass, the sheath is plastic-free and is made of white fabric and metallic threads that turned into an ugly green within 3 months around the ears, because this part gets into contact with your skin. Just another design disaster.

May 2, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #1,154 of 1,255
Yeah, I know I’m lucky with Rose and haven’t had QC issues, but I make others aware when I’m asked about the brand. And this thread should certainly have unfiltered opinions so people can make as informed a decision as possible. I just think it’s better to post both good and bad instead of avoiding discussion altogether.

May 13, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #1,155 of 1,255
Hello,

I bought the Mini 4 and I must admit that I am really pleased about their overall quality.

Isolation is top notch and sound is really good for the price. I don’t have any connector issue but just wanted to share my impressions about the nozzle part that tend to bent when I press by changimg the tips. Is it a deliberate choice to make them bent perhaps to avoid them to brake? It seems to be fragile... Has someone had some problems with this part of the IEM?

Except that, nothong to say, very good Iem.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back