Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #916 of 1,255
  Well the Rose guy failed at making my custom BR5, he stopped replying to my messages, only said "sorry" after a my several attempts at contacting him, so I got a refund from Taobao. I would guess he had trouble creating it and gave up or something. He isn't very professional. Least he could do is tell me what was going on rather than ignore my messages. He originally said would take 5 days to make the iem, I gave him 4 weeks. I will not be buying any Rose iem's in the future.

That sucks. I heard its a multi month wait for the other colors.

Mar 21, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #917 of 1,255
  Well the Rose guy failed at making my custom BR5, he stopped replying to my messages, only said "sorry" after a my several attempts at contacting him, so I got a refund from Taobao. I would guess he had trouble creating it and gave up or something. He isn't very professional. Least he could do is tell me what was going on rather than ignore my messages. He originally said would take 5 days to make the iem, I gave him 4 weeks. I will not be buying any Rose iem's in the future.

That's ****ty. I think that, as sad as it is, will likely only really take orders from big sellers like Amazon seriously when it comes to custom colors and such.

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #918 of 1,255
I inquired the penonon audio guys on eBay about availability of the other colors (only red/blue were available) and I got a response stating that the rose guys are in the middle of relocating their office. So it could be because of that for the delays.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #919 of 1,255
I sent message to Aliexpress resellers about Rose Mojito Marble Blue Color. They totally confirmed that the marble blue is out of stock. They all sell only Red-Blue Color. Then I look up at taobao however Mojito product page has been blocked. ( I guess that this page can been seen only Chinese users.) Does anyone know where Mojito Marble Blue has been sold?

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #923 of 1,255
  Decided to cancel the refund on the custom BR5 and give him some more time, he said he needs one more week... He really needs to work on his communication.

My biggest gripe as well, they CAN produce wonderful IEMs, but their communication is just awful, which is why I mainly deal with them through Penon.
They should realize the importance of communication if they want their sales to go up.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #924 of 1,255

My biggest gripe as well, they CAN produce wonderful IEMs, but their communication is just awful, which is why I mainly deal with them through Penon.
They should realize the importance of communication if they want their sales to go up.

This is why I bought through Penon too.... Penon had the gall to try and insult me when I asked about sending back my Cappuccino for a different color one. Then again, I wasn't exactly happy when they said they'd only take a return if it could be sold as new, and asked if my Cappuccino had been previously owned. which reminds me this whole chi fi game kinda sucks.... 

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #925 of 1,255
After reading the reviews and comparisons of the Cappuccino MKII, I had to order a set. I just purchased one of the red/blue pairs from Penon Audio and can't wait to try them out. I have the Shure 846 and iBasso IT03, so I am hoping these with be a nice compliment to those.

Ryan 

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #926 of 1,255
After reading the reviews and comparisons of the Cappuccino MKII, I had to order a set. I just purchased one of the red/blue pairs from Penon Audio and can't wait to try them out. I have the Shure 846 and iBasso IT03, so I am hoping these with be a nice compliment to those.

Ryan 

Comparisons please!

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #927 of 1,255
HiFiChris : I contacted PenonAudio via Aliexpress. Then PenonAudio said "We have no news at the moment ROSE Mojito Marble Blue color".

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #930 of 1,255
My Rose Capp MK2 left connector just died on me after 4 months.
And I'm not even sure they will offer any kind of warranty, I'm waiting for a reply through Penon.
For sure I would expect some help for a >300$ IEM.

After all the trouble I had with Capp MK1's connectors (2 trips forth and back and over 50$ of custom taxes), I'm done with Rose.
They know their sound, but their communication sucks and in terms of quality, there's an awful lot to say.

I know that people will say that all mmcx connectors get loose and die quickly, but this is only a sign that they used crappy quality connectors.
I had a number of IEMs with MMCX connectors but this is only the second one that has this issue (first one was ASG 2.0, after 14 months).
And I am a careful person who ALWAYS stores his IEMs in Pelican cases, so it's not like I'm being brutal with connectors.

To add to this nonsense, my Rose Capp MK1 just lost its the protective mesh on the right nozzle yesterday.
End of story.

Not every Chinese manufacturer can build tanky IEM like Fidue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back