Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #871 of 1,255
  I will be reviewing it in a couple weeks too!

Hey Vapman,

Do hope this finds you all well amigo?

I am really interested in your review as from my own searching I found the Capp MKII, posted in Basshead thread without knowing about this thread...It is my fault I know, I just got really excited about the MKII. Next time I will calm down before posting!

Do let me know how you get along, especially with the switch as depending on how you feel and review will very much guide me in taking the plunge. If you can also clarify how many dynamic driver and armature drivers each IEM has that would be great as I am counting 4 in total per IEM but could well be wrong!

Cheers :)

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #872 of 1,255
  Hey Vapman,

Do hope this finds you all well amigo?

I am really interested in your review as from my own searching I found the Capp MKII, posted in Basshead thread without knowing about this thread...It is my fault I know, I just got really excited about the MKII. Next time I will calm down before posting!

Do let me know how you get along, especially with the switch as depending on how you feel and review will very much guide me in taking the plunge. If you can also clarify how many dynamic driver and armature drivers each IEM has that would be great as I am counting 4 in total per IEM but could well be wrong!

There are eight total drivers in the Mk. II: Two BAs and two dynamics in the left, and two BAs and two dynamics in the right. 

I also reviewed the Mk. II. Find my review here: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rose-cappuccino-mk-ii/reviews/17931

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #873 of 1,255
There are eight total drivers in the Mk. II: Two BAs and two dynamics in the left, and two BAs and two dynamics in the right. 

I also reviewed the Mk. II. Find my review here: 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rose-cappuccino-mk-ii/reviews/17931

Good Evening Amigo :)

May I say a personal thank you for taking the plunge and risk of the Rose CAPP MK2 IEMs to see if they were as good as from what I can see looks the case and they seem to deliver on my bass requirements and then some, but not at the total cost of the rest of the sound being produced.

The fact that you use La Roux in For The Kill (Skream Remix) has me impressed anyway. What a tune... That most enoyable buildup for a minute or so. The whole tune is nectar to my ears!

I will use your thoughts with vapman and will then press the purchase trigger!

Can you just confirm the colours available? 1 being all blue with gold accent or blue and red IEMs?

A MASSIVE thank you. Will look to follow you if OK? Some mutual reputation is always appreciated in life!

Mar 6, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #874 of 1,255
Good Evening Amigo
smily_headphones1.gif

May I say a personal thank you for taking the plunge and risk of the Rose CAPP MK2 IEMs to see if they were as good as from what I can see looks the case and they seem to deliver on my bass requirements and then some, but not at the total cost of the rest of the sound being produced.

The fact that you use La Roux in For The Kill (Skream Remix) has me impressed anyway. What a tune... That most enoyable buildup for a minute or so. The whole tune is nectar to my ears!

I will use your thoughts with vapman and will then press the purchase trigger!

Can you just confirm the colours available? 1 being all blue with gold accent or blue and red IEMs?

A MASSIVE thank you. Will look to follow you if OK? Some mutual reputation is always appreciated in life!

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes! I absolutely love that song, and it really immerses you in the bass line.

Current colors:
- Red & Blue
- Van Gough Blue (the blue and gold color that I bought).

Feel free to follow me! If you are a basshead through and through, then you will absolutely love the Mk. II.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #875 of 1,255
Let's hope the Cappuccinos MK2 will make more people happy.
They're not cheap, but they're not overpriced either.

I wish people would trust others more here on Head-Fi when at least 3 people gave similar comments/reviews about a model, without claming that these are perfection incarnated (= treble could be a bit smoother).
These are not FOTM by any means. L-shape signatures are rare enough that people after bass without compromising the rest of the spectrum should give them a try.
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #876 of 1,255
  Let's hope the Cappuccinos MK2 will make more people happy.
They're not cheap, but they're not overpriced either.

I wish people would trust others more here on Head-Fi when at least 3 people gave similar comments/reviews about a model, without claming that these are perfection incarnated (= treble could be a bit smoother).
These are not FOTM by any means. L-shape signatures are rare enough that people after bass without compromising the rest of the spectrum should give them a try.
wink.gif

That's why I sent mine off on a mini tour 
smily_headphones1.gif

1 of them hasn't posted impressions yet and the other is waiting for them, then should have 2 or 3 more to hear it after that.

but being without them for so long makes me sad...

i wish it was a little cheaper but when you consider how much a new ASG 2.5 was , it doesn't seem terrible. but  i think it should be like 100 less... :)

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #878 of 1,255

I wanted to ask Chris if it'd be possible for you to compare the mini2 with the it03, I ask simply because of the similarity in key peaks in the frequency graph. No, I don't think the mini2 touches anywhere near in the subbass, but wanted to inquire re: timbre, sweetness in female vocals and upper harmonics. I really appreciate your review take since there's not much said about these little gems! TIA

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #879 of 1,255
I wanted to ask Chris if it'd be possible for you to compare the mini2 with the it03, [...]

Sure!

Keep in mind that I am using (, displaying) and describing the IT03 with the included narrow bore tips being installed - the stock wide bore tips will give it a less bright and more full midrange presentation compared to the narrow bore tips.

(The limitations of that graph and over-compensation around 3 and 6 kHz should be clear from the review.)

As you can also see on the graph above that also mirrors what I hear, the IT03 (with the stock narrow bore tips) has a midrange that is more female-vocal-focused than the Mini2's that has got just a gentle lift between 2 and 3 kHz to my ears. And its upper treble is also a bit more present.

When it comes to soundstage, I perceive the Mini2's as slightly wider. Separation and placement are about comparably good, with probably just a slight advantage for the iBasso. Layering is a little better with the IT03.

Resolution-wise, I see the iBasso a bit ahead except for the lows and bass where both have about the same amount of details. The IT03's attack is a bit tighter and quicker, but the Mini2's decay is slightly faster and better. Control-wise, they are comparable.

Timbre in the midrange is where the Mini2 wins - using the IT03 for videos/TV/films, the midrange is a bit too lean due to the upper midrange elevation (which is pretty much true for every in-ear that has a bright, more female-vocal-focused midrange). Using the IT03 with the wide-bore tips (which I've done just briefly), it's probably a tie and both are equal in terms of midrange timbre with just a slight 2-3 kHz lift.

Overall coherency and harmony are really good with both in-ears.

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #880 of 1,255
Speaking of it03, are there any Rose iems with better soundstage, thicker mids, and more detailed bass? The mini2 looks like a good alternative for a better price but if I upgrade I think I'd want it to be better in all of the areas I'm looking for.

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #881 of 1,255
Speaking of it03, are there any Rose iems with better soundstage, thicker mids, and more detailed bass? The mini2 looks like a good alternative for a better price but if I upgrade I think I'd want it to be better in all of the areas I'm looking for.

From what I hear the it03 has a lot of bass and the Mini2 does not...
Maybe capp mk2? (never heard their 5 driver)

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #882 of 1,255

Could you please define "thicker mids" ? For me, thicker has a negative connotation, but I'm sure it's not what you mean.

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #883 of 1,255
Could you please define "thicker mids" ? For me, thicker has a negative connotation, but I'm sure it's not what you mean.

more body to the sound.

edit: if you want thick lush mids, try a Dunu dn2000 (non J version). subbass transitions nicely all the way up the mids. Bass sound controlled/ show excellent restraint.

Mar 13, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #884 of 1,255
That's why I sent mine off on a mini tour :)

1 of them hasn't posted impressions yet and the other is waiting for them, then should have 2 or 3 more to hear it after that.

but being without them for so long makes me sad...

i wish it was a little cheaper but when you consider how much a new ASG 2.5 was , it doesn't seem terrible. but  i think it should be like 100 less... :)

I am really close to pulling the trigger on the Cappuccinos MK2. How would you compare it to the Sony ex800/7550?

Mar 13, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #885 of 1,255
I am really close to pulling the trigger on the Cappuccinos MK2. How would you compare it to the Sony ex800/7550?

The main diff is the Capp is a hybrid design and ex800/7550 is a single dynamic driver design. Highs will be clearer and more present on the Capp. It will also have a faster sound than the 7550.

Unfortunately I haven't heard my Capps in weeks. I sent them off on a mini tour and they're due in Japan any day now and have 2 USA stops before they come on home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back